Venom Official Trailer

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
4660703-1046088964-Spide.jpg

That is the Venom from Spider-man 3. I don't know how I feel about the Venom in the official trailer.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was trying to link a tweet but ill copy and paste.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-24-at-1.20.48-PM.png

A Venom movie without Spider-man could have worked.
The only way I could have seen this work if they would have done Agent Venom. They could have set the movie in space and capitalized on the space opera of Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. This would have made it easier to make a movie without Spider-man as they could had referenced him in the opening. And since the movie would have been in space they could have played with the idea that they were in the future on a distant planet learning more about the Symbiote world.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-24-at-1.29.59-PM.png

A new world and a new story
Though the symbiote planet was a Gaurdians of the Galaxy (GoG) story, they could have easily adapted it into what Sony was trying to do. And since majority of the public would not have known or cared about it being an GoG story they would have the liberty to play around with the concept without all the backlash.

Sony backed themselves in a corner already botching Venom once. The iconic villain needed the right touch and story that was not crammed into another. It needed its own story that focused on the struggle between the character and the symbiote battling for control. Two separate characters having to co-exist to accomplish a goal. Needing each other in order to survive. A failed story opportunity by Sony.

Newsarama

leonard daniels on Twitter

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I posted my thoughts on how a Venom movie could work.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
was wondering what you were trying to post when it changed from test to edit to this. there could have been others too but those were what I noticed.
No that was it. I was trying to copy the tweet but linking it was good enough. But yeah I would've liked to see Sony go the route of agent venom. It would've been a fresh take and they would have had the freedom to really play with the character and the story line without as much outrage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
No that was it. I was trying to copy the tweet but linking it was good enough. But yeah I would've liked to see Sony go the route of agent venom. It would've been a fresh take and they would have had the freedom to really play with the character and the story line without as much outrage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am not that familiar with the two different takes of Venom but I think either would have been good stories for the anti-hero. I wonder how they are going to bypass spiderman since it was he was venoms first in the comics.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not that familiar with the two different takes of Venom but I think either would have been good stories for the anti-hero. I wonder how they are going to bypass spiderman since it was he was venoms first in the comics.
Agent venom was Flash Thompson who lost the use of his legs as a result of fighting in war (combat veteran). He somehow come across the venom symbiote, I forgot how. When the venom symbiote takes over he regain the use of his legs. When he take over he loses them.

Sony could've really played with that. Because the current venom they are using, Eddie Brock, became venom because of Spider-Man. Spider-Man rejects the venom symbiote and as s result the symbiote feels rejected. That venom needs Spider-Man because it gains it's power and look from him.

The agent venom has been venom for awhile and was separated from Eddie brock. It bonds with Flash Thompson. What makes this prime for Sony was the flash Thompson idea would allow them to get around the legal rights of Spider-Man with marvel by telling a different story. And the story could have been deep about a soldier who suffers post trumatic stress and depression as a result of the accident. A relationship could have been started between a rejected symbiote and a wounded soldier trying to find their way in the world.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
I loved the old spider man movie. Amazing spider man was a disaster and spider man homecoming is good only if you consider it to be related to Avengers or something. But it lacks the originality, the feel of old spiderman. I wish venom was a sequel of spider man 3. But it's not

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

DonaldSilver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Infnix Zero 5
Twitter
@donsilverburgh
4660703-1046088964-Spide.jpg

That is the Venom from Spider-man 3. I don't know how I feel about the Venom in the official trailer.

Back in 2007, the Venom used to look awesome, just like from Spiderman the animated series. They introduced Venom very nicely. But unfortunately, that was the end of Toby Maguire's Spiderman franchise. They highlighted Venom very well but it wasn't enough for one single movie. But, I'm sure that like me, everyone is keeping very high hopes, and honestly, I am so excited for this Venom movie. Imagine, what if Eddie Brock meets Peter Parker or what if Venom Confronts or gets the hint of Spiderman in the post-credits. Man that would be so exciting.