vending.apk not installing

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
i have been running gummyjar for about 3 months with no problems, i just received a replacement device and restored my back up of my gummy rom but now i dnt have a market app. the vending.apk appears in system/app but its not installed, i tried installing it directly from root explorer but it says app not installed, i tried installing through recovery with a .zip and it says installed successful but after i reboot it still doesnt appear. any ideas.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the replacement have the market app installed? I'm not sure where you can locate but you may need to DL a new apk and install. Some of the developers have the gapps or check XDA

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the replacement have the market installed?

If I understand you got a replacement and used the SD card/backup from your other phone to install a rom. Did you root the replacement first?

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
the replacement did have the vending app cuz i downloaded bootstrap after rooting i cant restore if im not rooted lol, i remember having this problem before but i dnt remember how i fixed it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. Sadly, others had removed the SD card of a rooted device and inserted into a non rooted expecting everything to work.

Try this tap menu, tap apps, tap all apps, tap market, tap clear cache.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only other suggestion I have is to get the entire gapps and install

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
well i can sbf n reinstall but my problem is i dnt want to lose my angry birds lol i need 5 more games to finish the whole thing.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have both. I just checked MyBackUp Pro the restore with two options Applications & Media Data. Titanium will restore apps, system apps and data of both.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe Pro but not positive. DL the free version and look.