1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Vehicle mode - how to get back to it after hitting home button?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by amirh1, Jan 8, 2013.

1. amirh1

amirh1 New Member

Hi,
    I use SmartActions to launch Vehicle Mode whenever I'm in the car. Sometimes I need to go out of it (e.g. to see messages), but I've found no easy way to put the phone back in vehicle mode. Any suggestions? I want vehicle mode to stop when the SmartActions "Drive" is finished.

I noticed another thread discussing an app to put the phone in vehicle mode, but people were mentioning it's difficult to go out of that mode, so not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
  2. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

Have you tried long pressing the home button and returning to the dock mode that way?
    1 person likes this.
  3. AndyAZ

AndyAZ New Member

Vehicle Mode and it's SmartAction launcher are hosed fundamentally

What I have found is,
    a) I had to completely disable Vehicle mode in order to be permitted to type in the passcode. Otherwise, I had ~1 sec between the Razr finding Bluetooth device and automatically transitioning to Vehicle Mode.
    b) Having established the Bluetooth link, I find that there is no way to reassign the app lauch in SmartActions, since Vehicle Mode is not on the apps menu.

I have never seen such a ****ty app release/upgrade in my life, include alpha and beta releases. What gives>
  4. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

I still to this day avoid using smartactions... I still use Setting Profiles and I have a car dock so I just have everything I want the phone to do trigger by entering docked mode. That way, home button returns to car home, and I have a shortcut on car home to go to regular home.
  5. AndyAZ

AndyAZ New Member

Gave up on Vehicle Mode "app"

As in the title, I have given up on this awful thing and completely disabled Vehicle Mode "app". Now a can (again) sync the Razr Maxx with the Garmin, and the Car SmartAction is to adjust volume, GPS on, WiFi off, and max display brightness. Once I forget this episode, I will probably again really like the Droid, but I still have trouble believing Google/Moto let this crap out at all, even for an alpha test.
  6. jtfowler22

jtfowler22 New Member

I have the same issue. My bluetooth action turns it on every time I get in my car, but If I back out of my music or check a text then it is gone and I cant figure out how to get it turned back on (without disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth). I read that the Home button was supposed to return you to the 'vehicle mode' but it doesn't. *sigh*

I guess I'll just download the third party app and wait another year for motorola to roll out an update.
Search tags for this page
android car mode

android vehicle mode

android vehicle mode app
droid 4 vehicle mode
droid razr vehicle mode
droid vehicle mode
razr m vehicle mode
razr vehicle mode

vehicle mode

vehicle mode android

vehicle mode app