various questions

2001400ex

Reaction score
Okay, I have been with android since the OG droid. But razr hd has a few oddities I am hoping you guys can solve.

1) how do you set the notification light to not go all night? I have go sms and can't find the settings to only have the light go for say 10 minutes. Same for Gmail. This light is ridiculous bright and actually wakes me up sometimes. Lol does light flow fix this?

2) I listen to music that is stored on my sd card and it drains my battery.I actually have the maxx hd and today at 6:30 when I got off work, I was at 20% battery. I had about 2.5 hours on screen time and listened to music for about 5 hours. When I go into the battery info, it shows both the media service and Google play music. Both are about 15% of my usage. I have heard you can put the old GB app in here, would that save battery? There is no need for play music to be using the battery when I am playing my own mp3s in my card.

3) also on the battery, most of my screen time is on chrome browsing the internet. My thunderbolt stock browser barely used the battery, but chrome seems to kill the battery. That is also over 10%.

Anyways, please help me manage the battery better. My thunderbolt with the 2750 extended got about the same battery life, if not better. I could get 4+ hours on screen time easily in a work day. I am on solid 4g, same with my tbolt.

Thanks in advance.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
1) Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.ledwidget&feature=search_result or do a search for "notification light" or "notification led" in Google Play Store.

2) Your profile says "Motorola Droid" (which is non-specific), but you mention the RAZR HD. I don't know why both Google Play Music and Media Service are both running, but they may be interdependent. I also don't know if changing to the old GB app will make all that much difference.

3) 10% of the total consumption of battery use (not the same as 10% of the actual battery capacity), doesn't seem high IMHO.

Also the TBolt did not have an SAMOLED display, but instead was a TFT LED display (800X400 pixels). OLED is supposed to consume less power, but the RAZR display has 62% more pixels (960X540) and the RAZR HD has 190% more pixels (1280X720). Even with the lower power consumed by the OLED technology, the sheer number of pixels being so much larger will result in less power per pixel - perhaps, but surely more power overall (especially with the massive number of pixels on the HD).

Last edited:
OP

2001400ex

Reaction score
1) Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.ledwidget&feature=search_result or do a search for "notification light" or "notification led" in Google Play Store.

2) Your profile says "Motorola Droid" (which is non-specific), but you mention the RAZR HD. I don't know why both Google Play Music and Media Service are both running, but they may be interdependent. I also don't know if changing to the old GB app will make all that much difference.

3) 10% of the total consumption of battery use (not the same as 10% of the actual battery capacity), doesn't seem high IMHO.

Also the TBolt did not have an SAMOLED display, but instead was a TFT LED display (800X400 pixels). OLED is supposed to consume less power, but the RAZR display has 62% more pixels (960X540) and the RAZR HD has 190% more pixels (1280X720). Even with the lower power consumed by the OLED technology, the sheer number of pixels being so much larger will result in less power per pixel - perhaps, but surely more power overall (especially with the massive number of pixels on the HD).

Thanks for the response. I have the maxx hd. I posted in the regular forum as there is more traffic here and they are the same phone.

I installed the notification light, that works well. Tho it would be nice if automatic through smart actions rather than a widget. But its cool.