Various Malfunctions/Past Warranty

tgabe21

Reaction score
hi all,

So the left side of my droid screen is not working. At times, it'll start working again but largely doesn't. Also, my volume is stuck that it always goes down. So if put the volume up, I also see the red bar go down immediately. Kinda frustrating if you're listening to music or on a call. Problem is that im past warranty. What are my options? Need to have this phone hold me over until my next upgrade. Really need help! Thanks!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well those are all hardware issues and if you can't get it replaced by verizon or whatever i would just either go back to an old phone or buy like a d1 or something on ebay

Reaction score
If you're past warranty, pretty much your only option is to sell that to someone for $50 for parts and buy a new one. As was mentioned, those are all hardware issues, and no amount of tinkering will make that phone fully functional. You could ask Moto how much to repair it, but IIRC, a new screen is $100+ shipping, and who knows about everything else.

OP
T

tgabe21

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Has anyone had any luck of getting something past warranty or contacting Motorola?

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Has anyone had any luck of getting something past warranty or contacting Motorola?

I know people have had their screens replaced by motorola directly, I'm sure you can google a contact number. I know most cities also have all sorts of craigslist ads that say they can replace screens for $50-$70... You just have to decide if you trust them. I can't be more help than that, I have Asurion, and whenever I screw my phone up, I just pay the $89 deductible and get a new one haha.