Various ClockworkMod Problems

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just made the switch from SPRecovery to ClockworkMod, and I'm having some problems. I cant seem to find the answers, but if they've been answered before, please point me in the right direction.

First: The latest version of Clockwork causes the Moto logo to hang at boot, I cant enter recovery or anything, I have to do a battery pull to reboot, and then I'm back to normal. CM claims it's installed, but I cant get to it. X.0.8 works great, but X.1.2 throws up on me

Second: When I go to flash a rom, I get the error "E:/ Cant format SDEXT". Google doesnt help me solve this problem, anyone else been here?

Thanks,
Lt Ken

KingTee

Reaction score
I just made the switch from SPRecovery to ClockworkMod, and I'm having some problems. I cant seem to find the answers, but if they've been answered before, please point me in the right direction.

First: The latest version of Clockwork causes the Moto logo to hang at boot, I cant enter recovery or anything, I have to do a battery pull to reboot, and then I'm back to normal. CM claims it's installed, but I cant get to it. X.0.8 works great, but X.1.2 throws up on me

Second: When I go to flash a rom, I get the error "E:/ Cant format SDEXT". Google doesnt help me solve this problem, anyone else been here?

Thanks,
Lt Ken

How did you get clockwork installed? Did you install it from Rom Manager? After you installed it did you flash a rom without wiping? When you flash a new rom its best to wipe and start clean. I know its a pain to reinstall all of your apps but it keeps you from having the problems your having now.

Last edited:
OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, used ROM Manager, yes, did a complete wipe.

I wiped my SD card and this fixed both problems, very odd.

KingTee

Reaction score
Yes, used ROM Manager, yes, did a complete wipe.

I wiped my SD card and this fixed both problems, very odd.

Yes that is odd. The only time I get stuck at the M logo is when I flash an icompatable theme. Sometimes when you flash a new rom it will seem like the install will hang at the M logo but then it will go thru. I use rom manager and clockwork mod to install every rom or theme that I put on my phone and never run into an issue but I guess I'm just lucky. Its waaaaay better than sprecovery once you get used to it.

SDI

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to load one of the programs from Rom Manager and when it loads and you have to touch the little android to log in it doesnt and sits there after you touch it,,,any suggestions please?

hookerdj

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to load one of the programs from Rom Manager and when it loads and you have to touch the little android to log in it doesnt and sits there after you touch it,,,any suggestions please?
did you select google apps too?

hookerdj

Reaction score
go into clockwork wipe data and cache and then install rom from sdcard it will be in clcokckwork then download s then you have to look at what you are installing from there