Vanished Lockscreen

BusinessTroll

Reaction score
Well i'm loving my phone, but out of nowhere my lockscreen has decided to never activate. I can use aa app to lock it, but after the screens off and I press the hardware button the homescreen instantly comes up. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ChoonkyMoonky

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and I am having the same issue, I can't figure out how to fix it. I have done a battery pull and still the same issue. I am also have an issue with my signal. Where you able to figure anything out? dancedroid

OP
BusinessTroll

BusinessTroll

Reaction score
I ended up just factory resetting my phone to fix the lockscreen... but my signal is fine. I hope they're thinking about releasing an update to fix these bugs.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I ended up just factory resetting my phone to fix the lockscreen... but my signal is fine. I hope they're thinking about releasing an update to fix these bugs.

Did either of you look under location and security in the settings? I'd rather ask than assume.

xaelith

Reaction score
I've been having a similar issue. I use a lock pattern because I feel it's more secure than just sliding the tab over, but still faster than entering a pin or password. My issue is that the lock pattern doesn't come up at random times. I notice the problem more when the screen times out while I'm using an app; maybe this is a clue?

ChoonkyMoonky

Reaction score

Did either of you look under location and security in the settings? I'd rather ask than assume.

Yes, I did both of those things. I played with every setting that you could think of. I did a hard reset and it seemed to take care of the problem. But I am still having signal issues. I am waiting on a replacement phone now.

OP
BusinessTroll

BusinessTroll

Reaction score

Yes I went through every setting then some. If I used a pattern or passcode it would come up, but I never used either of those anyways. I'm still not sure why it even disappeared to begin with.

Fr33dom

Reaction score

Yes I went through every setting then some. If I used a pattern or passcode it would come up, but I never used either of those anyways. I'm still not sure why it even disappeared to begin with.

Well, before we get to the factory reset, have you tried turning the lock screen settings off and then back on?