v3 opinions

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Oct 26, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    So I haven't decided yet but If i do release with a black bar which most people seem to want I will also put a download for themers and those who would like the stock framework and also the d2 framework that was released with v2. I guess well see what happens. Im still building so once I finish do the build Ill figure out what color the bar will be.
    Also a few options that you have requested in this thread have already been implemented. which ones are a secret sorry. lol

2. eclsnowman

eclsnowman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could I recommend not theming the base, and just offering an update.zip for blackbar. You can load both one after another in recovery so it is not any harder to get blackbar... but it does let the purists have their day too. Plus I think it is easier to create themes for a stock styled rom.

3. Version_3

Version_3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I could upvote you, I would.

Regarding themes, I'm not sure as I've only begun working with the AOSP source 2 nights ago, but in v2, I noticed that there are different colors used in different places. Green in the progress bar for volume, red in the drop down notification area, yellow in the menu. Is it possible to narrow down the use of colors? For example, possibly using red for the volume progress bar, or is that getting too far away from AOSP and into the area of custom theming?

4. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) Black Status Bar
    2) Download apps from the market

Thanks for looking for input. Can't wait for for Version 3

Love this ROM.:icon_ banana:

5. Version_3

Version_3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here I am. :D

/end forum spam

6. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha, now if i can only download V. 3 on to my phone. Wait, now that sounds wrong. Ladodger, stop talking.............now.:icon_eek:

7. white_ash143

white_ash143 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just noticed that one of the CM nightlies has incorporated a sort of MIUI toggle widget in the top of the notification dropdown. It was a welcome addition when I ran Zenito for a week.... Not sure how difficult it would be to add that in but it'd be a nice addition IMO.

8. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey man thanks for your Hard work here are some options for v3

1.all apps that you can get from market do not include with rom as it is better & easier for us to update them also it is less bloatware.

2.I remember back in the early days of froyo some roms offered a custom rom booting options such as when you are flashing the rom it gave you options in what you installed into the rom such as in this roms case do you want a black status bar or a white status bar or a transparent notification or black notification I happened to look for the rom that offered this I believe it was Krazy kividia or aka LithiumMod & you can do many more options like that while flashing the rom but those are just the major ones that would make this rom more custimizeable & make this rom more kick ass.

9. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Get rid of the vibrate on the phone dialer it lags the phone whole punching in new numbers.

10. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with this. The only ROM I remembered that gave you choices was Adamz Smoked Glass ROM. I liked having the options to go through. I have not seen that in anyone else's ROM. Not a big deal, but it made it easier to install the options you wanted vs. having to download a bunch of different .zip files.

11. EvilDobe

EvilDobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for this as well.

Also apps from the market. It would be great if you could get your ROM to park my car, do my job for me, and pay attention to my gf while I play Angry Birds that'd be great too. :) :)

12. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wy contacts? Okay, what is the deal with that? I looked in the market and on Google and couldn't find anything; what am I missing? Be kind!!!

Pastor Ron

13. EvilDobe

EvilDobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It replaces the regular contacts. A lot of the other ROMs have it & I do believe that one of themes for PEv2 also has it (Evolution I think) if you want to see it. Just gives a bit more customization to the contacts and the main reason I like it is that I can clear the frequently called list. IMHO it's a must have in every ROM.

14. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the explanation about Wy contacts.

Pastor Ron

15. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Don't know about wycontacts, is it better than dialer1, which is free in GM?