[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

mikex

Reaction score
I flashed it over .7 and I get a message that says the application voice commands has stopped unexpectedly and asks me to force close. When I pressforce close it just comes back and renders my phone useless. I am a big liberty fan but this sucks. I am guessing I am going to have to SBF and that is difficult because I have a mac and will have to find a friend with a pc. Let me know if I can get around this some other way.

Here's a mac solution.
Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free* - Android Forums

liz4tin

Reaction score
I guess I did something wrong. I wiped cache and data and installed v.8. No problems started adding my apps and preferences.

Then decided to load a theme, thinking that v.06 themes would still work. Oops, my bad! Now I also have the forced closed issue and will have to sbf. (When I figure out how to do that, sometimes being a newb sucks.)

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work, I'll be back on Liberty as soon as I can get everything working again.

mikex

Reaction score
I guess I did something wrong. I wiped cache and data and installed v.8. No problems started adding my apps and preferences.

Then decided to load a theme, thinking that v.06 themes would still work. Oops, my bad! Now I also have the forced closed issue and will have to sbf. (When I figure out how to do that, sometimes being a newb sucks.)

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work, I'll be back on Liberty as soon as I can get everything working again.

Before stating all the way over, I'd try pulling the battery a few times in hopes of getting restarted in Clockwork Recovery. If you get there, try reinstalling Liberty.

liz4tin

Reaction score
Mikex, you sir, are my hero! I really appreciate all the help I get here. I'm learning, and I understand that I'm going to mess it all up at least once before I learn what I did wrong. It's nice that I don't get dogged or flamed for being so stupid while I learn.

I was able to boot into recovery with a battery pull on the charger and am restoring my phone as I type. Thanks so much!

falseprofits

Reaction score
A few bugs here:

1. Market force closes a lot and fails to install a lot of apps. I think it's due to this ROM using an older version of the market (2.3.4). Any modification to that market (flashing any other version, 2.3.6, or 2.3.11) does nothing but force close.

2. No themes work. I guess that's a duh. I think I'll make a separate thread about that - seems like people are still doing it.

3. When changing customizer to landscape during customization, it exits itself, then after a short while it force closes without finishing it's customization.

4. The updated Superuser from the market will not install. I found a flashable .zip here: Superuser - though I have yet to test it.

I love Liberty a lot, I've been using this ROM 99% of the time I've had my DX, but I would think you guys would put a newer market on it. I was kinda shocked when I saw that it was 2.3.4.

Edit: That Superuser zip worked.

Last edited:

falseprofits

Reaction score

Before stating all the way over, I'd try pulling the battery a few times in hopes of getting restarted in Clockwork Recovery. If you get there, try reinstalling Liberty.

Try pulling the battery, leaving it out for a few seconds, putting battery back in (DON'T TURN ON YOUR PHONE), then plug it in to a wall charger. That should turn it on and will sometimes get your phone to clockwork.

muddychief

Reaction score
how to install without a factory reset?

I have the toolbox from the market and I have been installing the nightlies since 0.3, but there must be a way to install the nightlies w/o having to do a factory reset and install all my apps again!

the method I have been using is this: I watch the nightly section of the toolbox, I notice a new version, I download it, the program asks me if I want to install, I click yes, then I select backup current rom and do not select the wipe data. when my phone reboots, I unlock the phone and instantly get a unending loop of F/C's

What is the proper way to update the rom and have your apps in place and working?

Thanks.

Spartan67

Reaction score
Whenever my phone reboots after getting done with the Liberty Customizer, it gets stuck at the boot animation. The screen is responsive underneath, but the boot animation is still going.

Same here did you find a fix for it?

iNoMaD

Reaction score
Personally I choose install later/ add to queue (forget the exact wording) boot into clockwork recovery>wipe data/factory reset>clear cache>install zip from sd card> navigate to liberty folder>nightlies>choose liberty version>install>reboot>reinstall d2 bootstrap>reboot clockwork recovery>clear cache>backup and restore>advanced restore>choose backup (noticed only .596 backups work for me)>restore data and finally I use titanium to restore apps...seems like alot but its saves me alot of time and headaches. As usual make a backup prior just in case, hope it helped

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mikex

Reaction score
Personally I choose install later/ add to queue (forget the exact wording) boot into clockwork recovery>wipe data/factory reset>clear cache>install zip from sd card> navigate to liberty folder>nightlies>choose liberty version>install>reboot>reinstall d2 bootstrap>reboot clockwork recovery>clear cache>backup and restore>advanced restore>choose backup (noticed only .596 backups work for me)>restore data and finally I use titanium to restore apps...seems like alot but its saves me alot of time and headaches. As usual make a backup prior just in case, hope it helped

What does the restore data do? Do you make a backup before you start that whole process? TIA

Dullawolf

Reaction score
ran liberty customizer, did the reboot, and now i am at the boot animation and it isn't going any further. I forgot to install droid 2 boot loader and it wont even let me boot to recovery. bah, i dont want to sbf.....

kilahimm

Reaction score
ran liberty customizer, did the reboot, and now i am at the boot animation and it isn't going any further. I forgot to install droid 2 boot loader and it wont even let me boot to recovery. bah, i dont want to sbf.....

D2 bootstrap should install by default with Liberty GB. Try pulling the battery, connecting to a wall charger and then placing the battery back in. That should bring you into bootstrap.

Dullawolf

Reaction score

D2 bootstrap should install by default with Liberty GB. Try pulling the battery, connecting to a wall charger and then placing the battery back in. That should bring you into bootstrap.

I am at work and didn't bring in my wall charger. I have a usb charger for the computer. I will see if that works.

jrob09BHS

Reaction score
I keep getting market fc when I access "my apps" or try to view any app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Try settings/applications/manage applications/all/market, clear data. Exit reboot and try that.

I've tried that and trying 3 different builds of vending.apk but I just wiped data and reinstalled and made sure not to restore the market when running my titanium batch restore