1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

V0.4 or wait for v0.5?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by stangdroid, Aug 5, 2010.

1. stangdroid

stangdroid New Member

I am running frg22 froyo now. Should I wait for bb v0.5? Or should I just go for the current rom? If I use the current one can I just flash it over the frg22 rom? I really like the indigo blue theme and heard more positive experienced with BB than any other rom. I would be doing all of this through sprecovery. Thank you for any help. still a little new at this.
  2. gmmurphy

gmmurphy New Member

hope this helps. what i would do is, back up frg22. then grab copy of bbv.04 wipe then install with sp. i allways back up the untouched rom allowing me to apply themes to a clean copy when ever i feel, which is often. go get your indingo place on sd, boot to sp install indingo.

cheers and good luck.

also, BB rocks I jumped roms a week ago because i was board waiting for bbv0.5. cant wait to see what he has in the kitchen!
  3. stangdroid

stangdroid New Member

So all I need to do is backup this rom, wipe data and cache, install the new one, install the kernel, install the theme of choice?
  4. myDownfall

myDownfall New Member

You are correct.
  5. kenbarnum

kenbarnum New Member

The backup is for your safety. If you don't like or if anything goes wrong you can do a restore to exactly where you were.

BB's come with a Kernel. BBv0.4 comes with 800mhz so you may like that just fine and want to keep (there are some threads here suggesting it runs smoother and faster than a 1ghz or higher because of Froyo-I am testing that now).

Once you are all set without a theme I would suggest making a backup for your saftey...then try a theme.
  6. stangdroid

stangdroid New Member

Looks like I'm going bugless with indigo blue tonight! Thanks for the help. I just like to get all my info right before I try it.