V0.4 or wait for v0.5?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by stangdroid, Aug 5, 2010.

1. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running frg22 froyo now. Should I wait for bb v0.5? Or should I just go for the current rom? If I use the current one can I just flash it over the frg22 rom? I really like the indigo blue theme and heard more positive experienced with BB than any other rom. I would be doing all of this through sprecovery. Thank you for any help. still a little new at this.

2. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    hope this helps. what i would do is, back up frg22. then grab copy of bbv.04 wipe then install with sp. i allways back up the untouched rom allowing me to apply themes to a clean copy when ever i feel, which is often. go get your indingo place on sd, boot to sp install indingo.

cheers and good luck.

also, BB rocks I jumped roms a week ago because i was board waiting for bbv0.5. cant wait to see what he has in the kitchen!

3. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So all I need to do is backup this rom, wipe data and cache, install the new one, install the kernel, install the theme of choice?

4. myDownfall

myDownfall Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are correct.

5. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The backup is for your safety. If you don't like or if anything goes wrong you can do a restore to exactly where you were.

BB's come with a Kernel. BBv0.4 comes with 800mhz so you may like that just fine and want to keep (there are some threads here suggesting it runs smoother and faster than a 1ghz or higher because of Froyo-I am testing that now).

Once you are all set without a theme I would suggest making a backup for your saftey...then try a theme.

6. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I'm going bugless with indigo blue tonight! Thanks for the help. I just like to get all my info right before I try it.