V0.4 Goes Bad, really bad - Help

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by rickt1152, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1

That's correct ALL apps installed to sd card will be missing after reboot. Restarting your launcher after every reboot will fix this, except apps with widgets, no amount of restarting launcer will fix these. That is why i said NOT to install apps with widgets you use to sd card, leave them on internal storage.

2. gmony01

gmony01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with what Petey always says and wipe when you have issues. I don't post much myself about asking questions regarding issues because most of the issues i had were due to apps/settings/data being restored from a backup program. Sometimes titanium tried to restore/implement settings that may not be compatible with that rom. Remember what we are all doing is "custom" and not official. The work consist of bugs/issues that consist of many trial and errors cases to fix. Bypassing them will get you nowhere. Its what make the iphone and Mac OS so significant to the less "techie" type(or the ones who don't have the time or patience to be that). Its all there already to go and no worries, but you don't get extra goodies like the Android is compatible of until Apple is ready to give it to EVERYBODY. Even when there are Jobs Mob/Apple blame it on something else. Flexibility comes with it a cost too, just as well as simplicity does. Some say the iphone is perfect, i say its restricted with limitations to make seem perfect. Whe there is no limit to what droid gets, there is no limit to what droid does!!! That includes FC's and bugs too!!!! lol. hope you fix your issue bruh. And Petey, keep up the awesome work.

3. rickt1152

rickt1152 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate all the ideas, but still not able to resolve my issue.

First, I did not install any apps to SD that had widgets.

Second, even before my issue, it routinely took three or four restarts of Launcher Pro to get all my apps recongized, but they would all come back.

I did a multiple complete system/data/cache wipe, installed BB 0.4 with SPRecovery. Once installed I was unable to install any applications from market or even from the download folder of my sd card. It would appear that the market is downloading my application as I now have dozens of new files in the download directory of my sd card all named downloadXX.apk. When I go through the installation process with File Explorer for Root I can see what the file represents but it will show installing forever and never complete same. Pretty much the same thing that is happening with the Market, file shows downloaded and just stays on installing forever. I tried clearing data and cache on market application, but same result. Last on the application installation matter, I can reinstall some (but not all) apps through Titanium, but that seems to only be a temporary fix as they they redisapper on reboot.

My SD card does not seem to be corrupted in the traditional sense as I can read files fine within File Explorer for root or in Windows Explorer via USB connection.

Going to try and wipe again and install the Virgin Froyo that Pete posted. I suspect that this has something to do with what now resides on my SD card with the rom switches, the titanium backups, etc. but don't know enough to figure out a strategy short of formating the card and starting over.

Any ideas of less drastic measure would be appreciated.

4. bravid

bravid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think this would be something you did intentionally. Pete made it the default for all apps to be installed to the SD card. So if you have any updates to existing apps they get moved back to the SD by default, even if you had them on internal.

I had too many problems and ran the script to set everything to install on internal then moved everything back over. It was incredibly annoying to have nearly all my apps disappear when i mounted my phone on my computer and I had more widget problems than I care to remember. Plus some of my apps just didn't like being on the SD.

5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wrong, 0.3 default was sd card, 0.4 default is internal

6. seanzy13

seanzy13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Use a file manager or connect the phone to a computer and mount it. Go into the folder ".android_secure" and remove everything there. WARNING: These are your apps that are installed on the SD card, removing them WILL remove them from your phone, make sure you have backups. Once they are all gone, reboot into recovery, wipe 3x, install rom of your choice. You shouldn't have any trouble installing the apps once the "android_secure" folder is empty. This happened to me as well.

Also BB 0.3 installed apps to SD by default, but 0.4 installs normally to internal memory. I suggest you just stick with internal memory unless you absolutely MUST use apps2sd. Give it a little longer for apps2sd to be perfected and launchers to be perfected so they will work fluently with each other. Until then, stick to internal memory.

I don't know why people tell you not to use Titanium backup to restore your stuff. Titanium has worked completely flawless for me over the past 5 BB roms thats I've upgraded thru. I absolutely love the program and without it would have spend several hours restoring my phones settings and app data. I simply run the batch operation for Restore missing apps with data, then restore all apps with data but only select the data restore. This recovers all my programs, all their data, and will not overwrite any versions of programs included in the rom. Titanium is awesome.

7. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    +100 For Titanium, that is the exact process i use to restore, always works perfect. great app

8. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Astro File Manager and System Manager also can back up and restore apps if you are looking for additional solutions.

9. rickt1152

rickt1152 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My .android_secure folder is empty - no files. Regarding Titanium, I likewise previously had great luck using it to restore missing apps, data, and so forth. As I indicated previously, I was able to restore some apps with Titanium this time, however, they turn up missing again after the next reboot.

This coupled with the inability to install apps from any file manager or from the market, leaves me perplexed. The attempted installations, from whatever source just sit there and spin, never completing. Complete wipes and fresh installs do not make any difference - problem remains. It leads me to believe that there is something on the SD card that is causing this conflict, but I only base that on my limited knowledge. Making me wonder if I should flash all the back to rooted 2.1 and re-build everything from scratch.

10. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0

11. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't read the whole thread, but with flashing did you also format your SD Card? I had some pics disappear from my SD card, so I decided to not only wipe data and cache but format my card. I made a backup of it on my PC. I've been good to go since I upgraded to BB 0.4.

12. rickt1152

rickt1152 Member

Ratings:
    +0