1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

v0.2.1 Crash on lockscreen (not due to volume/power buttons)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jimmygoon, Jun 17, 2010.

1. jimmygoon

jimmygoon New Member

Number one, why does holding volume and power reboot, etc? Why can we not just have additional entries in the power menu like most other ROMs have?

Secondly, I'm having major crash problems that are completely unrelated to holding volume and power. These problems started in v0.2 and have become more frequent daily and possibly with the addition of v0.2.1. My phone will sit on my desk with the screen off, I'll hit the power button and it will show me my homescreen with a dark tint on it or the brightness extra low (note, it SHOULD be showing me my lock screen). Then the screen powers off, the buttons light up, and then it shuts off completely.

Upon holding power, it boots into fracking recovery mode. :icon_eek:

This happens at least once an hour, the last time it played a notification sound then crashed all as I was trying to unlock. God only knows what the notification was...

tl;dr BB > v0.2 is crashing. It's not related to the (awkward) vol+power combos.

http://i.imgur.com/Q2dp2.png <--- Yes, I really, really am using v0.2.1
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I would try a different kernel. One of P3's or Chevy's kernels. I would keep trying them until I found a stable combination or ran out of kernels to try.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Also, if a kernel change doesn't fix this problem, I would do a fresh rom install after doing a wipe and further, I would use sprecovery to do the install.
  4. ICANSEEYOU7687

ICANSEEYOU7687 New Member

Ive been having the same issues... just installed the chevy 1ghz lv kernel, will keep an eye on it and see if it reboots again
  5. coreteck

coreteck New Member

im having the EXACT same behavior since v.2
  6. c0Ld

c0Ld New Member

Same deal here all day so far. I just went to a lower chevy kernel to see if it helps at all.
  7. Irish452

Irish452 New Member

I am having the exact same problem with re-booting, in 0.2 AND 0.2.1
  8. Sileem

Sileem New Member

I had this problem yesterday, I downgraded to 0.1 and everything worked fine, then I re-updated to 0.2.1 and had no problems since
  9. jimmygoon

jimmygoon New Member

Besides the fact that it makes no sense that it would be the kernel, it also just isn't. It's the kernel that it came with, I'm not OCing, and I've tried others.

Thanks though. I'll try the downgrade, but I have no idea why that would work. If that also fails I will do a full backup, wipe and reload and report back.
  10. daveywave

daveywave New Member

Ditto. Random reboots in .2 and .21 when I usually just turn the screen on. Running stock kernel. No problems in .1
  11. sbcale

sbcale New Member

+1 Same here with the random reboots, mainly when pressing the power button. 0.2.1 with stock kernel.
  12. jscanzoni

jscanzoni New Member

Same problem... If I just lock then unlock, there is no problem. I've noticed it happened only if the phone has been idle for some time though. Does it have something to do with memory management?
  13. rdoane

rdoane New Member

I've had the same problem. I've tried Chevy's ulow 1ghz, low 1ghz, low 1.25ghz ghz, med 1.25ghz, and ulow 1.25ghz. I still have the same problem no matter what kernel I'm using.
  14. jscanzoni

jscanzoni New Member

I read on another forum that it could be accidentally pressing the camera button slightly whey pressing the power button to unlock. I am going to try to male a conscious effort to not accidentally press it and see if that was the issue.
  15. zloca

zloca New Member

I've had the same problem with pete's installed kernel. I hope somebody figures out the problem!
  16. daveywave

daveywave New Member

Just a bit of an update...

Tried chevyNo1 ultra low volt kernel on .21... would reboot almost instantly after boot.
    Went to the low volt kernel then would only reboot upon waking the phone after a long standby (15+ minutes)

I didn't try the standard volt kernel... I was so frustrated I reverted back to .1

But for kicks I tried the ultra low volt kernel on .1 and it too would reboot, but only after heavy use when the screen is already on.

Jumped up to the low volt kernel and been rock solid for 24 hours straight...
Search tags for this page

android crash when lock screen

bb 10 gmusic crash lockscreen

lock button of my andrioid phone crashed