V DROID 1 Lost Signal Forever

pacia79

Reaction score
Hi experts - my droid suddenly lost service...it has no bars..
- I tried to pull battery...but nothing...
- I tried to reset it to factory default (twice!)...but nothing
- I called verizon..but nothing...you can't dial *228 because there is no connection. I can't dial ##77...because my SPC code is not 000000, and nobody was able to find out my SPC code
- at the Verizon store they were helpless...they told me that I probably dropped it and it is broken...get a new phone!! ....great, thanks!

FYI, local wireless works, so I can connect to my home wi-fi network with no issue...but no 3G or phone capabilities

My assumption is that my antenna is broken, but the fact that wi-fi works makes me think that it may be a software glitch.

I am about to give up...what really sucks is that I am up for renewal in September, and I wanted to wait for the new DROID 3....so I don't really know what to do...

Any suggestions to add a couple of weeks to my droid?

Thanks,

Andre

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you rooted?

If you are you could try another kernel, but it sounds like a hardware problem if you are stock. The cdma radio is different than the wifi radio.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

pacia79

Reaction score
guidot - thanks for helping

I am not rooted...so if the antenna is not the same for both wifi and cdma, my only guess is that my cdma antenna is dead. Which could make sense, because when this issue happens, I was in a bad spot with no reception for a couple of hours. My phone used to get super hot when in a poor signal spot, and battery drains so quickly...so my conclusion is that my cdma antenna just got toasted!

thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is entirely possible.

Sorry!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk