1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

V Cast Messages

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by markml0528, Jan 13, 2011.

1. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

If you have more than 1000 texts per thread, will v cast messages delete your oldest messages until it reaches a thousand again? I use handcent, and I have over 3000 texts in one thread. I tried using an sms backup to gmail app but those don't work reliably for the dx or D2. When I open the default txt app for the D2 it lags for a long time, and when it finishes lagging it will show exactly 1000 messages when there were at least 2000 before. and if I reopen handcent it will also say 1000. The default txt app deletes them all down to a thousand. Idk why it can only hold 1000.

I just want to know, does v cast messages or goSMS delete your messages down to a thousand?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. Cloud3

Cloud3 New Member

Don't know about goSMS, but vcast.messages has an option in settings that u can set to make the app not delete any messages no matter how many u have

-Cloud
  3. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

Have you tested it yourself, cloud? Do you have over a thousand messages in a thread? I really don't want to download it, and have it delete 2500 out of the 3500 texts I have in one thread.

4. Cloud3

Cloud3 New Member

i have downloaded and tried vcast messages though i didnt like it. Its settings menu looks just like the settings menu on the default messaging app. I didn't have 1000 messages in a thread so u might want to back them up if u want to be safe.

-Cloud
  5. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

Anyone else tried this out?

Search tags for this page

v cast text