Using your Android phone with your car stereo(CNet)

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by RLJSlick, Feb 26, 2010.

1. RLJSlick

RLJSlick New Member

2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Thankfully my Grand Cherokee has a CD/Cassette player and I had the old cassette with the stereo plug and works great with my Droid
  3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i use a 3.5 male to male patch cable in my car along with the droid car dock. works awesome, sounds perfect.
  4. datboijon

datboijon New Member

my stereo has an aux input like ppl above have mentioned but i decided to go the bluetooth route b/c alot of ppl seem to have issues with the droid's headphone jack after lots of use. if u have a stereo with an aux jack the most recommended method i have seen is getting the blackberry bluetooth gateway (~$30 on amazon). th only pita is that u gotta find a way to keep it charged.
  5. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

I have bluetooth in 2 of my vehicles (one built in to the HU, and one add-on) and I choose to use the wired AUX input connection instead. It's sooo much less hassle. I wish bluetooth was as seamless as wi-fi on the Droid, but for me, it's not.
  6. hailster

hailster New Member

I just have a 3/5mm plug that goes into the Droid and then has two RCA style connectors on the other end. This plugs into a aftermarket AUX input box for my stock stereo. Works great and sound is ok. If anyone cares I have a 2002 Chevy Impala, so the AUX input box should work on just about any GM vehicle with a similar radio.

The AUX input box makes the radio think that a CD disc changer is connected and just passes the audio through that way.

The best part of doing it this way is that I don't need to go out and buy a aftermarket stereo and I am able to hook-up any MP3 player to my car this way, which is useful for when a friend wants to have me listen to a song on their mp3 player.
  7. GROMAUDIO

GROMAUDIO Official DF Vendor Premium Member

I believe GROM Audio has something exciting to share with Android users. First and foremost, we have launched an Android Direct Solution in early 2012, for Android® Integration to In-Car Stereo – Which Transforms Android Devices into Car Media Center.

GROM is the first in the Android market to deliver Direct Connection (via GROM-USB2P car kit) of Android smartphone to the factory car stereo. We have seen extremely positive reviews from our customers in regards to GROMs Android product development.

Features and Benefits of Android Direct Connection Kit (GROM-USB2P) to Factory Car Stereo

•It allows users to connect their Android phones/Devices directly into-car stereo systems for complete media control.
    •Android users can easily use their car stereo or steering wheel controls to access and play music stored on Android device or USB flash drive. In addition, GROM-USB2P2 features AUX line-in 3.5mm phone jack for other audio sources.
    •GROM’s Android USB Audio connection for the best sound quality. Full digital audio connection available for any Android Jelly Bean devices (via USB2P or MST3P interfaces) to various factory sound systems. The result is high quality sound from your Android device through your car’s stereo.
    •GROM Multimedia Kit Integrates Bluetooth technology (Via Bluetooth Dongle GROM-BTD) for Wireless Audio and In-car Hands-free Calling. Most importantly, users can keep eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while talking to callers

GROM Car Kits are the ultimate solution for Android device owners with factory car stereo system who are looking for hands free, wireless streaming (Bluetooth) and direct Android phone connection media control.

GROM-USB2P makes in-car music experience much more enjoyable: better sound as a result of direct audio connection, convenience of in-car Bluetooth, and Android battery remains charged.
Search tags for this page
android phone to car audio aux pre amp
car mp3 player for android
connect lg phone to car stereo
hook mp3 player to smartphone
hook up my phone to car stereo
how do i use my phone as an mp3 player in my car
how to connect smartphone to car radio
how to hook a smart phone to a car stereo

how to hook up smartphone to car radio

how to hook your phone up to your car audio
phone to car radio hookup