Using Wi-Fi silences my notification sounds

PhDCow

Reaction score
I've been struggling with this problem for a month now. I've done a factory reset, tested out apps, tested the Wi-Fi widgets and nothing has explained why this happens.

Why I switch from 3G/4G to wireless, I either lose the notification sounds immediately or when I go back on the Verizon network. Most times, a reboot or a soft reset doesn't help the problem and I end up uninstalling and reinstalling an app. Is my phone just weird? Has anyone else had this problem and find any solutions? I'm assuming it's a conflict between the radio signal and the speakers, although I still get calls to ring through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
PhDCow

PhDCow

Reaction score
I think I may have figured it out. Last night, I got an update notification for Fresh Network, so I updated it and than ran it. I can't explain why, but my phone is fine now. My husband thinks the radio cache was full and giving me problems. Regardless of the reason, I'm glad I found a solution.

OP
PhDCow

PhDCow

Reaction score
Well, it was worth a try. I'm back to no notifications during and after Wifi. So frustrated!

draiken78

Reaction score
Well, it was worth a try. I'm back to no notifications during and after Wifi. So frustrated!

I'm having the issue after I switch my phone to vibrate at work. It vibrates all day like it should, but when I get home and I switch back to the normal profile I no longer recieve sound, or vibration upon recieving a text. A reboot fixes the issue until I repeat this fun routine again the next day. Seems to have started after the last update push earlier this month. I've tried everything I can think of including the factory reset and still have the issue.