Using Verizon's Droid RAZR MAXX HD on Canadian Carriers (Fido/Rogers)?

Voodooi

Reaction score
Hello,
I am purchasing this phone tomorrow locally from the classifieds here in Canada and the add mentions that is can only run 2G in Canada and requires an unlock, however when I Google additional information, people claim:
- It is already unlocked, world phone ...is this true?
- If it is in-fact locked, what is the cheapest (or free) method to unlock it?
- LTE is unlockable ...but how do I do this? Is there a guide?
- Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, it runs on 2G GSM because the LTE radio is built to work on the US's LTE which is in a different frequency range. I believe that you can get 3G on Bell as I get it on my Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note 2 when traveling.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
V

Voodooi

Reaction score
If anyone is wondering, I was able to get H+ and I am currently using Fido (owned by Rogers). Excellent phone!

The Verizon Razr Maxx HD's are already unlocked and will work on all Canadian carriers.

From using it the last 2 days, it is a superior phone compared to the S3/Nexus 4 as the build quality is stunning (metal/rubberized) and the battery life is so incredible that I never have to worry about charging my phone (so far, 2 days heavy usage).

Unless the Nexus 5 has a comparable battery, my next phone will be from Motorola's droid series (oh and the "droid" SFX is so cool when you get messages/emails ^^).

I didn't even know this phone existed before this week - Motorola needs to invest in publicity imo.