Using unlocked phone on Tmo

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I'm a Tmo customer, and i'm not planning on switching. That being said, i would like to know their policy on bringing a non tmo phone to their network. When my S7edge is paid off, i'd like to buy an unlocked Pixel 3XL and use it on tmo. Do they have a special plan for this? I have the Tmo One + 55 plan, and i'd like to keep it, if possible. If there are any tmo reps out there, or anyone who has done this, please let me know how to set this up. Thanks for any help.:p

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm on T-Mobile... You can just insert your sim and use phone... I switch phones weekly...

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm on T-Mobile... You can just insert your sim and use phone... I switch phones weekly...

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa

So when the phone is paid off, i'll only be charged for the plan, not any phone?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So when the phone is paid off, i'll only be charged for the plan, not any phone?
Yup... you will be only paying for the plan.. are you planning on buying the Pixel 3 full price from Google or you can do installments as well with them...

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yup... you will be only paying for the plan.. are you planning on buying the Pixel 3 full price from Google or you can do installments as well with them...

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa

I want the Pixel 3XL Unlocked, but Best Buy only sells the Verizon variant, so i'll probably go with Google and their payment plan.:p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup best way to go.. fully unlocked

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa
This is the route I took for both my 2xl and 3xl. I ended up selling my 2xl for more than what Google had planned to offer me with their trade in program making the net cost justifiable.

But the initial purchase for the 3xl was through Google payment program while I waited for my phone sale to clear. Once it did I paid off my 3xl.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
This is the route I took for both my 2xl and 3xl. I ended up selling my 2xl for more than what Google had planned to offer me with their trade in program making the net cost justifiable.

But the initial purchase for the 3xl was through Google payment program while I waited for my phone sale to clear. Once it did I paid off my 3xl.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I was going to sell mine as well.. Swappa gets you more than Google... I was very disappointed with what they were offering..

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa