Using the "x" delimiter for Extension Numbers

catoxpress

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and new to the Android OS. I have a new Droid X and I love it. As the senior IT person here at my company, I test all devices before the masses get them. Everyone here wants an Android phone. My only problem thus far in migrating our many Blackberry users over is that our global address books all use an "x" as the delimiter to extension numbers. Android, or more specifically, Android 2.1 doesn't seem to recognize the delimiter and simply won't dial the number.

I have worked around this with my contacts by replacing the "x" with a ";" and it works fine. Unfortunately, I can't do this for our Global contacts.

When do you think Android will address this? Will they address this? Anyone on Froyo that has tried it?

Frustrated

gadgetguy11

Reaction score
Frustrated,

I just discovered this drawback on my new Droid X which you pointed out. :icon_eek: I imported over 2,900 contacts through gmail. "Ext." or "#" functioned well on Blackberry, Motorola V Phone, Star Tac, etc. This should be a simple problem to solve; meanwhile, I need to switch 2,900+ contacts to ";" as you did. If anyone would post a notice if this is fixed, I would appreciate it. dancedroid

Thank you,
John