Using the Fascinate for internet connection for the wii?

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the Fascinate for internet connection for the wii? I can't get internet where I live and I'd like to do netflix using my wii.

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Ive tried turning on hotspot then searching with wii, but it finds nothing. I could be doing it wrong though, I've never done it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ziggy484

Reaction score
If the wii is like ps3, then it requires infrastructure wifi, which ONLY verizon mobile hotspot provides. Apps like wireless tether are adhoc, which is ok for like a laptop. I use a hack to get the hotspot for free and have used it to watch netflix thru my ps3... but if you dont have real good 3g signal it tends to cut out pretty often.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Does anyone know how I can get hotspot for free and how to set up my wii to recognize it?

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Ok I got the wii to find the hotspot connection but when it does the connection test it isn't able to connect

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Ok turns out I don't want to use MHS for wii because there is only a 2gb allowance. Any other suggestions anyone?

ziggy484

Reaction score
If you use the hack its free AND unlimited. There is a thread with the instructions right around here somewhere

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you need to have your phone rooted for it? Also, for some reason the wii internet tool finds the connection but the connection test always fails :(

ziggy484

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you need to have your phone rooted for it? Also, for some reason the wii internet tool finds the connection but the connection test always fails :(

No need for root, you have to put your phone in dialup/modem mode, then use an "odin like" tool called qpst to change some settings. Your connection test may be failing because your hotspot isnt enabled, either by paying or hacking.

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all your help! I'll try tomorrow a.m. watchin Aladin with the kiddos. :)

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
I've searched and searched and I cant find where to get qpst and how to use it. I could probably do better if I had my pc.

ziggy484

Reaction score
search more... look through xda, android central, and even fascinate forums. There is a thread somewhere with very detailed instructions. I havent done it in a while so i dont wanna go by memory and screw you up. google qpst, that part is easy, i think you go to a qualcom site to download it, there are multiple versions, you want the one ending in323

OP
S

Savagehearts

Reaction score
I should've clarified, I dl qpst. Its the instructions I can't find lol. I'll keep looking.