Using Tasker + Good Morning as an ultimate personal assistant

jamsesh

Reaction score
Hey all, if you haven't already checked out these apps, do it. Tasker lets you control pretty much anything on your phone based on events/times/orientation etc. Good morning is an alarm that will read you the weather forecast and calendar tasks out loud.

On to my idea. Since you are smarter than me, I'm hoping you'll have some suggestions of how to do this.

Good Morning is sort of limited because you just set a time, and it will go off at that time. No multiple alarms, no days of the week preference. I want to program Tasker to launch Good Morning at various times of the day so that it can read me weather and upcoming agenda items. For example: When inserted into car dock, launch good morning and read agenda aloud. That way I can find out what's coming on my way to my next meeting.

As a sidenote, being able to change the voice to Jarvis or HAL would be freakin sweet.

What do you think? Is this just way too complicated?

stravis

Reaction score
You might try Alarm Clock Plus V2. It would help you do some of those things. It reads the time and weather out loud upon wake up and has unlimited alarms and can be set to go off at different times on different days.