Using someone else's upgrade at Verizon?

AdamDX

Reaction score
My friend at work is going to let me use his wife's upgrade so I can get a SGN at discounted price and he's going to get one himself. So anyone know if this will be ok? Ill just have him order online and put my 4G sim into the slot (after cutting it) and it should work no problem right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
My friend at work is going to let me use his wife's upgrade so I can get a SGN at discounted price and he's going to get one himself. So anyone know if this will be ok? Ill just have him order online and put my 4G sim into the slot (after cutting it) and it should work no problem right?

Lol why dude? Bionic ftw.. !...but yeah. Should work

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rayr0d

Reaction score
Razr is a micro sim. lasr checked bionic is standard slot

Worst case, you just have to get a new sim..

Sent from my SCH-I905 using DroidForums

Graymayre

Reaction score
Verizon reps wont have a problem taking care of it for you. People do this all of the time. Since it is a different account though, they will have to activate it on her line first to clear the esn so it can be used on a different account. This means that her phone will have to be reactivated after the whole process. May be simple enough to tell her to turn her phone off for an hour.
VZW rep will know what to do.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Reaction score
The Google Nexus should come with its own 4g sim. But that phone has a long list of problems already...

Reaction score
I'm so glad I got an unlimited data plan.. lol.

baldybill

Reaction score
The Google Nexus should come with its own 4g sim. But that phone has a long list of problems already...

Can you list some of the problems or post a link to the information?

Sent from my OG Droid

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
i am doing the same thing. You just need the other phone's esn so you can reactivate after you're done. Actually your friend will need to do the whole thing because he'll need access to the account to activate and reactivate. Does anyone know if you have to wait a certain period of time before the esn shows up as clean, to activate it on your own account?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jakethesnake77

Reaction score
You should be aware it may have warranty issues and it might be difficult to insure it since its a different account all together

HTC Thunderbolt Tiamat Liquid 3.0

OP
AdamDX

AdamDX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. And I love my Bionic, the GNex is just too sexy to pass up.