Using RSD to flash back to stock doesnt work

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pyrofreak, Apr 25, 2010.

1. pyrofreak

pyrofreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im trying to use RSD to flash back and when i pick the file i want to flash i can pick it but then i cant hit the start button it just stays gray i need help im trying to get back to stock cause i screwed up a rom or soemthing and now i dont have the 3G icon and the only way i can use data is through wifi

when i connect to rsd it says

SE Flash OMAP 3430MI port 1 port type usb imei/esn/meid N/A status connected

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    I added a screenshot to the instructions at link 3 in my sig, which is what you said you were using in the pm you sent.

What you have displayed is what displays in the lower section and matches what mine displays. If I click the first link The Device Properties section fills with info too.

I can hand type any file name into the Filename field and the start buttonm stays grayed out UNLESS I have a .sbf at the end. For example, if I type 1.sbf the second I hit the "F" key the start button becomes available. Does that work for you? Perhaps the file you have isn't properly named?

3. pyrofreak

pyrofreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i downloaded the file from #3 in your signature and didnt change the name of it

so i changed the filename i downloaded from your sig to 1.sbf and the i picked throught the ... thing in rsd and then i had to delete everything that was infront of the 1.sbf but now i have the option to start the flash should i do it?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  4. pyrofreak

pyrofreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i tried it and i get an internal error while programming phone result FAIL

5. Alex K.

Alex K. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Config>DeviceId Options>First-Come-First-Serve DeviceId Mode

Try that.

6. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2

The actual filename used should not matter, as long as the filename itself ends with the .sbf file extension. Otherwise the Start button remains grayed out and unusable.

If you still are stuck try downloading the file again. Perhaps something happened during that process and the file got corrupted.

7. killxp

killxp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try rom manager it lets you go back to stock 2.1 with root or 2.01 no root. but you shouldve made a spf recovery image

8. Alex K.

Alex K. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.0.1 with no root doesn't work. IT'S A TRAAAAAAP!

9. Tyler0903

Tyler0903 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a very similar problem. I followed every instruction on every tutorial to the tee, but when I turn my phone on with the bootloader menu, then run RSD Lite, I click "run" when I select the sbf file, but the "start" button just stays gray, no matter what I do.... If someone could figure out what I'm doing wrong.. that'd be awesome.

10. Tyler0903

Tyler0903 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey pyrofreak.. Not sure why this works, but I just did it, and it does. Every time I selected the sbf file, the start button stayed gray and there was nothing under where it says "file properties" on the right, which I figured something was wrong about that. But just now, I added a space at the very end of the file name, after .sbf, and when I deleted the space, the file properties came up and I am able to hit start, I don't know why this is, but you may want to try that

UPDATE: That worked, I just got my phone back to 2.0.1 from 2.1

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  11. Alex K.

Alex K. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    'Grats!

tenchar

12. 1smoothcat

1smoothcat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really sure what you are doing. I really need to get back to stock as well. Care to post examples?

13. jason6g

jason6g Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i on the other hand am trying to go from stock 2.1 to a custom rom (not my main phone). ive tried about 3 different sbf files and non of them populate the file properties frame.

tried on several computers from xp, vista to 7 all with no luck. correct drivers, rebooted after installs, didnt reboot after installs still nothing.

on my main phone, i rooted when it was 2.0 with a simple update.zip - im curious if its not possible to apply recovery without rsd from an update.zip? but at the same time im a bit worried incase anything ever happens to my phone and i need a replacement(lost, water, etc) i cant go back to stock after all the rooted goodness!

since this is kinda a "test phone" i could care less if it bricks so im willing to try almost anything out there to get this rooted :D

14. jason6g

jason6g Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so after extensive playing around, it seems that you CAN NOT have the sbf file in any foler that involves a space.

so c:\ documents and settings\... wont work

c:\users\jason\sbffiles\sprecoveryese81.sbf - is the path i had mine at and everything - seemingly magically - worked perfectly for me.

i also tried the adding a space to the end and removing it, and deleting away soem of the file name and retyping it to force rsd to refresh it i guess and the no spaces thing seemed to work well.

Search tags for this page
att-2.3.4 pudding preroot download file

droid x internal error while programming phone

internal error while programming phone rsd lite

rsd internal error while programming phone

rsd lite 6.1.5 internal error