Using ROM Manager to install Cyanogen kernel/baseband question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shaneathan, Apr 9, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people. I searched around, but couldn't find anything about this.

I downloaded ROM Manager today, installed the latest version of Cyanogen (I was using DM before, but with the announcement of no 2.1 I figured I should move on). Anyway, I was trying to download/install the baseband update and the P3 Kernel from RM. Something doesn't seem to be working though. I downloaded the files, and when it was complete it said to hit ok to boot into recovery to install the files. I hit ok and nothing happened.

This was for both the kernel and the baseband.

Should I do the auto boot into recovery? Reboot the phone? Other? I really just don't wanna mess it up, so all help is appreciated.

Also, has anyone tried using Smoked Glass with Cyanogen? I searched for about 15 minutes looking for a thread about how SG would interact with the Launcher included with Cyanogen.

Thanks for the help all!
  2. gavron

gavron New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Q: did you do a full nandroid backup before
    Smoked Glass and Cyanogen are two different ROMs. I use SG6.0 and have not used Cyanogen. (I've used Jrummy, Chevy's, Blackdroid's, and will likely try others).

You should have NO harm from just booting it. Then you can install whatever ROM you like using SPrecovery or ROM Manager (I hate ROM Manager so much... the dev has done lots of work but that thing still hoses more droids than anything.)

E
  3. rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really? I have installed every rom on the rom manager list multiple times and I havn't had one problem.
  4. gavron

gavron New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't want to hijack the thread but... yeah. really.

ClockWork Recovery didn't want to touch the nandroid backups that SPRecovery made.

The ROM didn't want to restore the apps I'd backed up with titanium.

It IS possible it would have worked, but if it wasn't going to let me restore from backups... I went back to SPR, nandroid restore, and voila it all worked.

E
Search tags for this page
cyanogen kernels
cyanogen mod which basebaseband verizon

cyanogenmod update baseband

instal baseband img with rom manager
install cyanogen with twrm
install kernel using rom manager
kernel manager for cyanogen

qr code for cyanogenmod

update baseband cyanogenmod
what baseband cyamonge use