Using ringtones that were loaded on previous phone SD card.

richrcp

Reaction score
Having a few issues with ringtones on my Motorola Droid firmware v. 2.0.1 with build number ESD56.

> Unable to use ringtones that were downloaded to a previous phone and saved to my SD card.

> Can play mp3 files that are sent to me via text but when I save them to SD card I get an error that says music type not supported.

Any help would be appreciated!!:)

aacanela73

Reaction score
Did you format your sd card to your droid? Save all of the stuff on the card to a computer first but if the card is formatted to a different phone chanses are its not going to work until you reformat it.

robjective

Reaction score
I did two things at the same time, so I'm not sure which of them worked, but try this first. Make the following directories on your sd card and put the ringtones in there. Remember that Linux is case-sensitive.

sd card/Media/Audio/Ringtones/[put ringtones here] and I think the same structure holds for notifications and alarms so you would have
sd card/Media/Audio/Notifications/[put notifications here] and
sd card/Media/Audio/Alarms/[put alarms here]

If that doesn't work, go to the market and grab the free app Rings Extended, which is a super-charged ringtone manager.

OP
richrcp

richrcp

Reaction score
I was using the SD card that came with the phone. The ringtones were downloaded from my Blackberry Curve and placed in a file on my computer desktop!! :)