Using PdaNet to play Xbox Live!!

tyke87

Reaction score
Im assuming you need a router between your xbox and comp, my problem is that i only have a verizon modem router combo and whenever i plug it to my computer my internet off pdanet stops working but says its still connected. Any suggestions?

Yah I got the same error, but instead of a router between my computer I can either have my xbox direct connected or run through a 24 port switch

I tried a direct connection but my xbox woulnt connect to my pc

fightme4it

Reaction score
Hello, I have noticed that a lot of you are having trouble getting on xbox live like I did. But I figured out a way to bypass the mtu error. Firrst you must bridge or share the connection via ethernet cable with pdanet. Now on your xbox if you tried to sign in to live you would get an mtu error. To fix this press that middle X button (the one in the middle of your controller), then go to profile and select "Auto Sign-in" and enable xbox live. Also make sure that when you turn on your xbox 360 it goes to the dashboard and not straight into the game. Finally turn off your xbox then turn it back on. Xbox live should now be up and running. I sometimes experience lags but it is still very good. The only downfall really is that you cannot download or update games. Worst case senerio is that you take it to a friends house and download the stuff you need there. Hope this helps!

HunterNIU

Reaction score
Thank you, this tutorial is great! Never thought of doing it that way!

And since I have 4G... Things run the same (or better) than on my home internet. I'm going to love having XBL with me on the go!

hav0ksreign

Reaction score
xbox live through droid.

i have windows 7 and i cant seem to use xbox live. i have allowed other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection, but i cant sign in and when i test connection on the xbox 360 i get the error message that it can't detect the hardware. does my droid need to be routed because it isnt.

fightme4it

Reaction score
If its a hardware problem that means its your ethernet cord not your internet. It is either disconnected or broken. If you know its plugged in correctly then you would have to buy a new one. The same thing happened to me with the ethernet cord that came with the 360. I bought a new one and I got xbox live up and running.

hav0ksreign

Reaction score

i have eight different ethernet cords and all of which worked on my previous routers, modems, and xboxs.

hav0ksreign

Reaction score
xbox live through droid.

i have no internet at my new place so i have been using my droid throught the day for daily check ups on my laptop. i have tried auto sign in.... it doesnt work whatsoever. i have tried four different ethernet cords and i still get no connection.

xgc driver

Reaction score
uggghhh...
So I've been tethered to my laptop for a while now but cannot get my MTUs to work once Live is linked.
I'm running XP on an IBM laptop and an eris.
Any clues as to getting Live signed in?

MrX77

Reaction score
Could you use a usb-ethernet connector instead of using your laptop? I know you would have to get the PDAnet software that you put onto your computer onto your 360, but wouldn't the connector simplify it?

Hello,

Just saw this post, I know some of it was old but there were some open ended things left in this post.

XBOX live only uses 10MB -15MB of data PER HOUR!

I can do way more damage with youtube....So stop saying that it's going to red flag stuff.

MTU settings....After the great success of running Live on my Droid, we tried my friends BlackJack on the ATT network. He had the same error you spoke of and we never came to a conclusion.
We did have this error on a droid ERIS but, following the steps below helped. You can try it if you would like.

I recommend using an ethernet cable and not trying to use wireless to connect the computer to the xbox.

***********Here is a step by step on setting up your tethered laptop to connect to xboxlive***********
First get PDANET up and running on your laptop.
Go into the network connections on the laptop. On Vista and Windows 7 this is not the "network and sharing center" screen. Search for "network connections" in the start menu search.
You will see your PDANET modem as having a connection.
Right click on PDANET modem and select properties.
Click the "Sharing" Tab. (Windows XP users will not have a sharing tab, you will need to go to Advanced Settings, or something of that sort, I forget off hand. But you will find the same sharing boxes.)
Select the box next to "Allow other network users to connect through this computers Internet Connection." This will allow the PDANET connection to be shared through your ethernet plug.
Now that the laptop is setup and ready to go, connect an ethernet cord from your laptop to your XBOX360.
Now go ahead and fire up the XBOX and let it aquire the new network settings. Remember it's running through 3G so it's going to take a slight bit longer than when your home on your 20gig cable internet.

Have fun, and if you are going to be playing Modern Warefare 2 tethered, don't play anything but Free For All, Team Deathmatch 12 people and it gets really laggy. Free For All isn't as bad with 8 people. Oh and have fun cursing when someone texts or calls you haha.

LucSkywalker16

Reaction score
I followed this guys tutorial exactly and it works great! Play halo reach with ok latency. And yes XBL only uses around 15mb per hour...which doesn't even put in the dent in the 5GB "unlimited" data plan from Verizon.

[video=youtube;AsJ-BqEsLEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsJ-BqEsLEQ[/video]

bren13240

Reaction score
I know this is a droid forum, but it;s the same app for iPhone...

I'm able to sign in to XBL just fine, and I tried downloading Facebook, and Netflix, both under 5MB each, and they both stay at 1%...

same as game updates... They start at 0%, immediately go up to 1% then stop... the system can obviously connect to the internet, any idea why downloads don't work?

Anyone else have this problem??

Thanks.