Using LauncherPro with TBolt

Beardface

Reaction score
And I have my screens set up like I want, and I have Home Switcher to go between Sense and LP (removed everything from the screens on Sense to free up RAM) and set my default launcher to LP, but for some reason, every time I hit the home button, it takes me to Sense and automatically sets Sense as the default.

Anyone know how to deactivate this?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Is there a reason you used home switcher? I just installed LP, and the next time you hit home, it asks which you want to use, i selected LP and checkmarked remember my selection, and haven't had any issues.

Maybe try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>HTC Sense (there are two, one is ~4mb, that is the one you need) >Clear Defaults

OP
Beardface

Beardface

Reaction score
Is there a reason you used home switcher? I just installed LP, and the next time you hit home, it asks which you want to use, i selected LP and checkmarked remember my selection, and haven't had any issues.

Maybe try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>HTC Sense (there are two, one is ~4mb, that is the one you need) >Clear Defaults
Yeah.... I used Home Switcher to compare/contrast which one I wanted to use more... I like Sense, but being stuck with the 3 buttons on the bottom just killed it for me. Plus, I like being able to put 5 rows on LP as opposed to only 4 on Sense. The screen is so big that 4 just seems like a waste.

Anyway, your fix worked.... Thanks!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have used both. While there are pros and cons to both LP and Sense, I have been enjoying Sense better lately. It seems to be a bit smoother on the TB than LP. Maybe its me and when my theme is ready for the rom I am running then I will be going back to LP at that point.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

Yeah.... I used Home Switcher to compare/contrast which one I wanted to use more... I like Sense, but being stuck with the 3 buttons on the bottom just killed it for me. Plus, I like being able to put 5 rows on LP as opposed to only 4 on Sense. The screen is so big that 4 just seems like a waste.

Anyway, your fix worked.... Thanks!

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Do you guys prefer LauncherPro over sense?

Definately, i hate the three buttons at the bottom, it looks cool, but i'd rather have functionality. Plus with LPP you have the LP widgets for FB and Twitter. And i can't stand not being able to resize my widgets. I love to customize everything, so LP is a million times better IMO.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been using Launcher Pro but decided to try Go Launcher EX yesterday. My disclaimer - I am not related to this product in any way - I stumbled on it yesterday while looking for something else.

It has a lot of the same features as LP such as the dock at the bottom with changeable shortcuts/icons. Widgets are resizeable, and it also allows you to use your own custom icons if you wish just like LP.
It does allow you to add more screens than LP if you need more. Everything else seems to work about the same. There are several free themes in the market available for this as well as a couple widgets.

badmeat

Reaction score
Do you guys prefer LauncherPro over sense?

I prefer sense. Better widgets is the main reason. However, Launcher Pro is nice because it essentially turns your home screen into a 4x5 layout vs 4x4.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

jdfrye04

Reaction score
I have been using stock sense since I got the phone. Phone seemed to lag more than my Droid x did. Installed launcher pro again since I used it on my Droid x and loved it. Thunderbolt is way smoother with launcher pro. Also battery life seems better. I'm at 33% left with 13 hours unplugged. Normally id be dead by now. I highly recommend launcher pro.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

chicana.angelgirl

Reaction score
I like go launcher ex. I can swipe through the app icons on the bottom pretty nice and use my screen for picture widgets, calendar, weather etc. I also have hidden apps and my app drawer slides horizontally like my old fascinate. Oh and my home screen slide in circles like my galaxy tab :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

armeddroid

Reaction score
Launcher Pro Plus now has widget theme support.
Just buy the SENSE Widget Pack.
Its the same widgets as Sense and IMO its smoother on LPP then SENSE.
But I do have HOME SWITCHER for SENSE and LPP.

ss13

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to access the Sense widgets already on the phone to use within LP?? I am digging through apps like AnyCut but have not found anything yet.

ss13

Reaction score
i think i am getting better battery life with LP. could be my imagination.

**Edit: Yes it was my imagination, or the LTE outage.

Last edited: