Using .ico files to change Droid icons?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by acidcore, Jan 30, 2010.

1. acidcore

acidcore New Member

Is it possible to use .ico files to replace the droid icons using a program like BetterCut? If not is there a program out there that will change a .ico file to a .jpg/gif/bmp with a transparent backgroud? Everytime I convert my icons to .jpg it makes the icon background white which makes it looks very unappealing when I put it on my phone. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
  2. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

Try changing it to a png. It's one of the few web-ready image formats that supports transparency.
  3. acidcore

acidcore New Member

Okay I figured out what to do and I figured I would leave this post in case anyone else had the same question as me. The problem with turning a .ico into a .png/.jpg is that it will copy it but when you go to save it it compresses the layers and takes away the transparency. I found a program called Moo0 ImageTypeConverter 1.26 that will let you drag and drop any ico/bmp/gif/jpg/png file and turn it into a ico/bmp/gif/jpg/png with the option of keeping the transparency. This allows you to create png icons from .ico icon files. It sets them to 42x42 all you have to do is open them up and change them to 128x128 pixels. The images will look a little blurred in whatever graphic editor you use but when you upload them to your Moto Droid they look just fine. Hope this helps people having the problem of making their own icons.
  4. clockworddroid

clockworddroid New Member

You could download a free .ico plugin for PhotoShop and do it all in one step too. Just Google search 'free photoshop ico plugin' and pick your poison.
Search tags for this page
.ico files android

.ico android

android .ico

android ico

android ico file

android.ico

how to open ico file android

how to use ico files on android

ico android

ico file on android

ico files android