Using HDMI cable, image is too big for TV screen

surferdave

Reaction score
When I plug my HDMI cable into my RAZR and start the Webtop app, gallery, or any of the applicable apps the edges of the image that shows up on the screen are cut off, like the image is too big for the screen. The notification areas at the top and bottom of the screen (such as the time, charge amount, signal strength, etc) are cut off or not visible. Is this something I can adjust on the phone? I'm trying to find an adjustment option on the television to fix it but I haven't seen any such option.

ultra09hd

Reaction score
There is adjustment in phone settings for that. Think its listed as overscan...

-{]from a RAZR on a Harley![}-

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
While connected in Webtop mode, go into Settings -> Display. There should be an option called "Shrink to fit screen." I had the opposite problem with mine (there was too much blank area around it), which is how I found that option.

The only way to make any adjustments on your TV, that I know of, would be to look for overscan settings and adjust those accordingly.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Try going into settings>HDMI>Overscan. You should be able to adjust it with that to make your picture smaller on the tv.

OP
S

surferdave

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the overscan setting did the trick! I previously saw the "shrink to screen" setting and made sure that wasn't it, sorry I forgot to mention that. It looks perfect now!

:biggrin:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Glad that you got it worked out. :)

Last edited: