Using Handcent sms ap?

sims5

Reaction score
Using Handcent texting ap and can't figure out how to save a text.

How?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I don't think theres an option in handcent for SMS, but there is one for MMS. I'm sure theres an app on the market that can do just what your talking about though

bill d.

Reaction score
hold the message bubble to lock the message. I guess you could use SMS Backup and Restore to save all your current texts to your SD card, but I'm not sure thats what you're looking for.

OP
S

sims5

Reaction score
amazing what all this phone will do but some of the simplest things like saving a text it won't. Go figure!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't keep MB's of SMS... YMMV, of course.

Diordna

Reaction score
amazing what all this phone will do but some of the simplest things like saving a text it won't. Go figure!

Um, thats Hancents developers fault, not droids. Droids messaging app has message saving, go complain to hancent about this so called "important" feature where you need to save a text message :icon_ poke:

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score

Um, thats Hancents developers fault, not droids. Droids messaging app has message saving, go complain to hancent about this so called "important" feature where you need to save a text message :icon_ poke:

Importance is relative to the user. ;)

OP
S

sims5

Reaction score
Diordna, I would like to save sms on my Droid. In the messaging app would you care to show me how. Don't see it as an option on mine. I don't need to use handcent, but I would like to save sms. Hopefully someone will show me how this is possible.

Reaction score
Are you talking save or lock? There is a slight difference, but to lock just long press(touch the message and keep your finger there until the pop up menu shows) then select lock message from the menu.

OP
S

sims5

Reaction score
I want to save a SMS text so I can retrieve it at a later date.

superglen99

Reaction score
Then sms backup is your best bet. It automatically saves all your sms to gmail so you have it for whenever you need it.