1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Using GSM on a "global" Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bean32, Nov 5, 2012.

1. bean32

bean32 New Member

I have what is apparently a unique issue, that I want to have two different phone numbers, for my personal and business-related use. I have been on Verizon for about two years and it is upgrade time. I currently have an iPhone 4 but am sick of it and plan on returning to Android. I refuse to carry around 2 phones which pretty much forces me to buy a Lenovo or Huawei dual SIM phone from a sketchy foreign website as well as switch my cell service to At&T. My question is, is it possible to use the GSM radio on any Verizon Droid WHILE Verizon service is active? This would be as a different #. I do know that Chinese phones tend to run vanilla 2.3 or 4.0 Android, so I would assume that the limitations would be more on the hardware than the software. I don't have high hopes for this route but I do need to cover my bases before I make an investment in a new phone and service.
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Welcome to DroidForums! I actually do use two different numbers on my one cell phone.... one for business and my actual Verizon # for personal. Have done it for years and works great. Download from play store Google voice. You will get a separate Google voice # and it comes with its own voicemail and text. When someone calls my Google voice #, it rings on my phone the same as regular calls (except Google voice calls I have to dial 1 to accept the incoming call).