Using GPS with Contacts

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I came to this forum a while ago hoping to upgrade and I still haven't. Maybe I will, this time. Anyway...

I'm currently an Omnia user. I rooted it last May because I was bored with it an didn't want to spend money on a new phone, yet. Basically I breathed some new life into it, at the same time killing my battery life.

One thing I don't like about my Omnia, is that when I use VZ Navigator, I cannot search my contacts' addresses. I have to manually re-input the address I'm looking for.

So my question simply is this. How does the DROID RAZR work in terms of this sort of functionality? Am I able to select a destination for GPS navigation by searching my list of contacts, or are GPS addresses and contact addresses kept separately? What "app" would I be using, then?

Jonas

Reaction score
I know with Vlingo, you can voice search a company, and if the address is listed, like a yellow pages look up, it will allow you to pull up Google Navigation and continue into that, putting the address in for you. I have not tried it with a contact already in the phone, but I imagine it would work if you have an address attatched to their contact.

Sent from my Banana Phone

tonydelite

Reaction score
You can save all of your contacts addresses within your contacts then when you want to view it, just open that contact and press "map address" .. you can use either google maps or vznavigator.