1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Using Fission ROM, rebuilding desktop

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TJConnery, Feb 1, 2011.

1. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

I am rooted and using Fission 2.4.3 on my D2G with Launcher Pro Plus.

In the Fission ROM manager there are a number of patches and add-ons available for my device as well. It is not very clear what all of them do, so I have been installing only 1 -2 at a time. Problem is, every time that I do an install, I have to rebuild my phone's desktop (add links, widgets, etc).

So, after each install, I was spending an hour or two just working on the screens. I finally figured out that Launcher allows you to back up and restore, but have not tried a restore yet.

My questions: How can I find out what all the different add-ons do so I can select the ones I want without trial and error?

What I am really looking for is the stock gallery app that had advanced photo editing features (saturation, effects). Does anyone know the file spec/name/link for this particular add-on?

What is the best way to restore your desktop after a new flash? I spend too much time tinkering on the phone as it is, I want to flash and go!

Any advice for this newbie?
  2. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

:icon_ nono2:

Ok, since I started the process of rooting my D2G I have posted several questions along the way that have gotten plenty of views, but not a single response. What is going on here? Am I invisible or something? I have never had this experience in a forum before. Am I posting in the wrong place? I know the knowledge is here to answer my questions.

I have questions about rooting and flashing, so isn't Droid Hacking the right sub-forum? What are "unofficial" Droid hacks? anything not put out by Motorola?

It's odd, I have learned so much from reading this forum, I just have a few specific follow-up questions.

Any takers before I move on?
Search tags for this page

droid charge nv rebuild

droid charge nv rebuilding

nv rebuild droid charge

nv rebuilding droid charge

nv rebuilding droid charge problem
what is n/v rebulid on samsung droid charge