using "end" and "end all" options in d "inbuilt task manager" in android

sabertooth

Reaction score
i saw some previous posts on not using the task killers etc....i wanted to ask whether one should end a particular ongoing active process or not or even for that matter "end all" active applications.....i know dese active apps dont have any cpu usage but active apps r meant to use power rite??so shud i use d end or end all in the inbuilt task manager/power monitor widget or not to save my battery usage??

OP
S

sabertooth

Reaction score

i m obliged u replied...but nowhere does it mention about the inbuilt taskmanager/power monitor......my simple questn is regarding d active apps shown in power monitor....for example i minimise following apps:
opera mini
whatsapp
music
my files
and the inbuilt power monitor widget shows 4 active apps wid some ram usage each and no cpu usage by each app.
now i want to ask am i required to keep on using d "end" or "end all" options after every 10mins to keep my baatery from draining.....as d previous threads say dat it is d cpu use which is associated wid baatery drain n not d ram so what shud b done....also some apps like watssapp may b using cpu wen an incoming msg is received....but it is gng to use dat cpu nyway coz it has a process running for it which shudnt be ended.......
***imp---in d task manager help it says:battery consumption is related to cpu usage.some applications runing in d back ground may cause unwanted battery consumtion.TO CLOSE AN APPLICATION USE D BACK KEY INSTEAD OF THE HOME KEY.HOME KEY CAN PLACE THA APPLICATION IN D STAND BY MODE.

does this mean keeping apps in standby mode consumes battery as said by android help itself??

OP
S

sabertooth

Reaction score
no1 here to HELP on dis android forum????I M SURPRISED!!

sme1 HELP PLZZZ!

OP
S

sabertooth

Reaction score
@canotryss.....ofcourse it will show no cpu usage.......
NOW THE QUESTN IS WHTHER IT IS BENEFICIAL TO USE END ALL OPTION FREQUENTLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY SO AS TO KEEP OUR BATTERY FROM DRAINING..............???

guys plzz participate in dis thread...............

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you end a task that Android keeps starting back up it will increase your battery usage, not decrease it. Something sitting idle, using no cpu, will use cpu to start back up. Should you want, you can monitor the ones that keep starting back up on their own and ignore them and only "kill" the ones that don't start back on their own. In all honesty the only reason you'd need to manually kill anything is if it is acting up and using cpu when idle.
The reason it keeps things in RAM is so they'll start faster when you use them and if you continually kill them individually you may see performance lag in them.
I'd suggest an app like Watch Dog Lite, or Gsam Battery Monitor to get a truer picture of the cpu usage and battery usage. The built in task monitor is more like something you'd see on a Windows machine and is woefully incomplete for Android purposes because of Androids inherent design to keep RAM full, not empty.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
@canotryss.....ofcourse it will show no cpu usage.......
NOW THE QUESTN IS WHTHER IT IS BENEFICIAL TO USE END ALL OPTION FREQUENTLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY SO AS TO KEEP OUR BATTERY FROM DRAINING..............???

guys plzz participate in dis thread...............
your answer was posted in the thread I linked:
Thus, killing all but the essential apps (or telling Android to kill apps more aggressively with the "autokill" feature) is generally unnecessary. Furthermore, it's actually possible that this will worsen your phone's performance and battery life. Whether you're manually killing apps all the time or telling the task killer to aggressively remove apps from your memory, you're actually using CPU cycles when you otherwise wouldn't—killing apps that aren't doing anything in the first place.

OP
S

sabertooth

Reaction score
If you end a task that Android keeps starting back up it will increase your battery usage, not decrease it. Something sitting idle, using no cpu, will use cpu to start back up. Should you want, you can monitor the ones that keep starting back up on their own and ignore them and only "kill" the ones that don't start back on their own. In all honesty the only reason you'd need to manually kill anything is if it is acting up and using cpu when idle.
The reason it keeps things in RAM is so they'll start faster when you use them and if you continually kill them individually you may see performance lag in them.
I'd suggest an app like Watch Dog Lite, or Gsam Battery Monitor to get a truer picture of the cpu usage and battery usage. The built in task monitor is more like something you'd see on a Windows machine and is woefully incomplete for Android purposes because of Androids inherent design to keep RAM full, not empty.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

thnku soo much...this post ws rely useful......nw i wantd to ask :
1.is battery use directly proportional to cpu usage...
2.should Watch Dog Lite, or Gsam Battery
Monitor be used regularly or occasionally just to check for faulty apps....
3.if i use only gsam battery monitor daily does it lead to xtra batery drain..