Using Droid instead of iPod?

Another_Dude

Reaction score
Bluetooth would totally work, and without wires! You just have to pari the Droid with the car. In "Wireless and Networks" under the main settings menu, you'll see bluetooth options. Not sure about the Acura part.

Yup. If your car does work with Bluetooth the droid will probably ask you for an access code. Most likely it is 0000.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Gotta tell ya, I use it while cycling. I'll use Tracks to track my ride (using GPS), play music, and use a bluetooth headset to listen to music and the announcments that I have Tracks play back to me. After 3 hours of using all of that, I still have 2/3rds battery remaining. So, yeah, as others have said, you needn't worry about battery life all that much.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I use my droid while working out and kayaking and biking. I work out 2-3 hours a night and battery only goes down about 13% or so usually.

A tip: get a little app called music control lite. It lets you use the camera button to pause play ffwd and rewind. It's great when running and such. No need to unlock or anything.

cchhiipp

Reaction score
I use it as my primary media player, and go running with it (with Cardio Trainer!)

I just started using CardioTrainer a couple days ago for my runs (was using the Runner app from Sportstracklive). I'm loving CardioTrainer!

I don't normally listen to music when I run, but I do like that if I choose to, Cardiotrainer works well with the music app.

solar

Reaction score
Same here, I don't use my ipod touch anymore. The droid does it all for me. I also use it to run with when using Softrace. I use the bluetooth connection in the car, but sometimes the aux port as well.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I use my ipod for music in general but I workout with the droid for music because i use a fitness app called
Gym tecknik- not free, subscription based but excellent workout database

bassjason

Reaction score
If my iTouch wasn't 64gb I wouldn't have touched it since I bought my Droid.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
My iPod Touch just sits in the dock beside my bed now. The Droid is my MP3 player of choice. It's nice to just drag-and-drop new songs rather than go through syncing with iTunes.

dogthehunter

Reaction score
I use my Ipod once in a while now but ever since I downloaded radiotime and pandora I use the Droid way more. Dog:motdroidhoriz:

OP
G

girlred2

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I was listening to Pandora in my car (and on my motorcycle...shhhh don't tell) all weekend. Going to try and download some music tonight. Any tips? Can I download all of my iPod music right from iTunes or do I need to do something different. Love the Droid..bough my boyfriend one on Saturday so he doesn't have to feel technologically unworthy of me! Although i'm sure he probably has it all figured out by now...