1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Using Droid in Korea

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by imcheemo, May 17, 2010.

1. imcheemo

imcheemo New Member

Hi,
    I posted this in the General forum but I'd thought I post it here as well if it requires any "hack" at all to make this work. My Droid is currently rooted. Here's what I posted earlier:

I'm going to be traveling to Korea this June 5th until August (roughly two months) and instead of obtaining a rental phone, I was wondering if there was a way where I could acquire one of Korea's mobile network services for the two months I'll be there (i.e. SKTelecom, etc). Since Verizon is CDMA and Korea's phone networks are also CDMA, I would assume it's possible. Also I know some of my friends who use imported phones from Korea on Verizon's network so the reverse should be possible as well? A two month temporary phone contract shouldn't cost more than $200 hopefully...since renting one for two months costs about $200 depending on usage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Search tags for this page

using my droid x in korea