Using Droid as Wireless Adapter

Kitsune205

Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering if there's and app I can get, or some other process that isn't amazingly difficult, that will allow me to use my Droid as a wireless adapter for my PC so I don't have to immiedietly buy a wirless card to use WiFi. Thabks!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Technically this is a violation of the VZW Terms and Conditions of your contract.

Now that the legal SH!& is out of the way.
You can either use PDANet or do a search on here for 'wireless tethering' there are plenty of threads on it.

Be warned, if VZW catches you you're on your own. And the fees can be steep from my understanding.

brianr0131

Reaction score
In this case PDAnet is the only option for the OP. It was mentioned that there is no wireless card on the PC so wireless tether would not help.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
I dont think PDANet can use a WiFi connection to give it to another computer through USB...I think it only does that with the 3G. I could be wrong though.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
In this case PDAnet is the only option for the OP. It was mentioned that there is no wireless card on the PC so wireless tether would not help.

DUH!!! Missed that, lol...

I dont think PDANet can use a WiFi connection to give it to another computer through USB...I think it only does that with the 3G. I could be wrong though.

From their site (though I've not used it personally):
"Your phone can either connect to 3G data, WiFi, or even through VPN and PdaNet will share the connection with your computer."

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Ah ok, I just remember having issues on my WinMo phone with it connecting to my laptop using a WiFi connection....probably just a WinMo issue though :)