Using CWM...

Reaction score
so im new to using clockwork. My last phone was a D2G and CWM didn't really work well on those. Anyways, I open up the rom manager app and I hit "Backup Current Rom" and it asked me to name it so I did and then the phone rebooted but I don't see my backup anywhere. I figure im doing something wrong. Or maybe its cause I don't have Droid x bootstrapper installed yet. Not sure....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yea I figured that out as I was posting this so that's why I asked about it. I totally forgot that you need a bootstrap program installed. I have the Droid 2 bootstrapper installed still cause backup assistant automatically put it on my phone, I had it on my D2G, but that does me no good lol well not totally cause apparently you have to use the D2 bootstrapper in order to out the Rooted/Deodexed Gingerbread ROM, which I'm not sure why that is

droid_x_noob

Reaction score
Well like my name says i am a noob with this phone i ventured over from the blackberry. Where can i get a boot strapper to load up custom roms. If there is anymisspelled words, i am still nnot use to my droid x lol

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
The Droid 2 and Droid X ones are in the marketplace for 2$ or 3$ so download which ever one corresponds to which which of those two phones you have. Just go to the marketplace and search for Droid bootstrap and both will come up

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
No problem bro that's what these forums are here for. To answer questions. I was a fresh noob like 4months ago when I got my first android phone and now im on my second and im still learning, its alot of fun, and remember, the only stupid question is the question not asked!

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I was looking at the roms and addons/themes section of the cwm rom manager, and i found a section called; Mr.Bobrowitz (spelling?) And inside there is the blackmodz that turns the status bar black. I was wondering if i can just use that with any rom, even the stock android/moto rom that comes in the phone, or is it for a specific custom rom?