1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Using astro to install .apk files

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bishop7262, Feb 20, 2010.

1. bishop7262

bishop7262 New Member

Now alot of the threads that I read have you pushing .apk files with something like terminal emulator. But why can we just not find the file in Astro and install it through that? Is that not the same thing and much easier?
  2. gnmitchell

gnmitchell New Member

I use Astro and it works fine for me
  3. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

On some you can...but on stuff I have done it changes the file size and I don't know how to resign the.apk so that it will install using astro. It will just give you app not installed when you try to do it. But when you push it with adb or terminal is overwrites the signing I assume and allows it to work. If anyone knows how to resign the apps I would love to know how. I have tried it a couple of times with no success.
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ash is spot on, and I would add that if your apps are market it will usually always work. But, if you are trying to use system app pulled from roms or nandroids, Astro will many/most times fail. Besides needing adb or perhaps something like better terminal, root explorer the final step to get some apps to install is to change the chmod, which astro will not do.

Craig
Search tags for this page
apk application not installed astro
apk astro installer
astro instalar apk

astro install apk

astro installer

how do you install things using astro

how to install apk astro

how to install appk files using astro
how to install from astro
how to open apk wih astro