Using a droid as a video baby monitor

deartheophilus

Reaction score
So we've got a spare droid laying around, and would like to set it up as a video monitor for the nursery. We could leave the droid in the nursery, and use my laptop somewhere else to view the video.
I've gotten UStream working, which broadcasts video from the phone to the internet, but that feels inefficient-- the signal going all the way through the ether to just end up ten feet away at my laptop. Also, I don't necessarily want the whole web to be able to see the stream.

What I'm looking for is either a way to connect to the droid's camera either using our wireless router or through bluetooth, just something faster than UStream. Any suggestions?

OP
D

deartheophilus

Reaction score
Would Qik stream to the internet? UStream does that pretty well, but I'm more looking for a program that could stream video locally, over our wireless router, to a laptop.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah it does stream to the internet. I want to say I saw something a while back that did what you are looking for but I could be wrong.

iamjoe

Reaction score
check out IP webcam in the market. You can use the droid as a wifi webcam

OP
D

deartheophilus

Reaction score
IP Webcam looks like what I want, and so does something called DroidCam that I found. Both of them will connect to the local wireless and stream video. Thanks for the help!

travisn000

Reaction score
There is an app called "Camera WiFi LiveStream" by dooblou, has a demo and paid version... I haven't tried either, but I can vouch for the WiFi File explorer by the same developer! :D