User info (text messages, homescreens, etc)

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Nismo90tt, Oct 12, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Nismo90tt

Nismo90tt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When flashing from ROM to ROM, if it requires wipe data/cache, I lose all of my text messages, homescreen settings, background, etc. Is there a program/app that will allow all of this to be backed-up and then restored after I install a new ROM? Until now I haven't even worried about it, I've just started over fresh, but if there are messages I'm wanting to keep, I was wondering if there was a way to restore this on whatever new ROM I install?
    Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. taward09

taward09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you flash a rom and have to wipe data/cache, in both recoveries (SPRecovery, Clockwork) there is a choice for nandroid. Choose nandroid and then choose backup. When you back up your ROM via nandroid, everything is saved. Then, after you wipe the phone and flash your ROM, you can go back into recovery and choose nandroid - advanced restore - (choose the backup you want) - restore data. After you restore the data everything will be back to the way it was.
  3. crackedvenom

crackedvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    titanium backup?
  4. Nismo90tt

Nismo90tt Member

Ratings:
    +0

Will Titanium Backup do a backup of your user data and allow you to restore it? I know there's an option to "backup all system data", so what option would you choose to restore your texts, homescreens, etc?

I'm gonna try the Nandroid backup and see how that turns out. I've had issues with the latest ROM I've been using, but I have texts I'd rather not lose because I have to flash from one ROM to another.
  5. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download titanium backup for backing up apps
    Use ADW and "save" your screen setup in that.
    Download mybackup pro for saving texts, call log, mms, calendar, alarms, dictionary, etc
  6. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't back up system data unless your staying on the same rom, they tend to cause problems if you restore say stock system data to liberty and vice versa.

Homescreens are saved with (I think most if not all) other launcher apps.
    I use SMS Backup+ to save texts. It syncs them with your linked gmail account.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2
  7. JustisLewis

JustisLewis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You definitely don't want to do that. That defeats the whole purpose of wiping data in the first place
Search tags for this page
88444 text
how to flash a new rom without losing texts

text 88444

text from 88444