Usenet downloader app

bigLanky

Reaction score
I have tried Newzdroid NZB Downloader app, but after i downloaded an NZB and tried to open it with the program it did nothing. I am trying to download files from usenet (using my usenet account) while using nzb files. does anyone know of a good app for this?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Wow people actually still use Usenet??? Didn't even realize it still existed.

Sorry to go OT.

OP
B

bigLanky

Reaction score
yes tons of people still use usenet. i mainly use it for tv shows and things like that. if anyone knows of an app please let me know.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Have you looked at groups.google.com in a browser to see if the groups you follow are in there?

OP
B

bigLanky

Reaction score
I'm not using usenet to follow groups but I'm using it to download files.... alt.binaries

Samstag

Reaction score
Newzdroid seems to work okay. You need to create a /sdcard/nzb/queue directory and put your nzb files in there.

It'll eat your battery for lunch, though.

OP
B

bigLanky

Reaction score
I tried newzdroid but when I downloaded an nzb and opened it nothing happened. it did not start downloading the files like it was supposed to

Samstag

Reaction score
I don't think there's any automatic downloading feature. If you have the .nzb in the /sdcard/nzb/queue directory it should show up in the NZBs tab. If it doesn't, hit menu, then refresh. When you touch the file it should switch to the Files tab and show all the files in the package. Select all the files you want to download and then hit the download button at the bottom.

If it doesn't even show up in the NZBs tab despite being in the right directory, you may have a bad file.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Man, I use usenet all the time. Unlimited and very FAST account with newshosting. I get all kinds of stuff there, anything you can imagine and stuff you can't. I'd love a newsgroup binary leecher for my Droid! I'd pay for that app.