Useless droid

alwayswireless

Reaction score
hello everyone. i was wondering if someone could help me. my phone currently has 2 screens. mario boot screen, which runs over an over, and my set up screen.ok, my set up screen, i skip the google info an get to the main screen, and i get a message, SET UP wizard has to forceclose. then from their all i have is a black screen and a notification bar.the other screen is mario, useless. ok, so my sp recovery, i try to use a update.zip, the phone with several wipes, can not find the update. an yes its on the root of my sd, named update.zip. an then i try a advanced backup. i have 2, one works, and installs, but changes nothing. ok on to rsd lite. maybe i have a bad copy because rsd detects the file on the right, but wont detect the phone on the left. an yes im on the bootloader screen. power up an dpad up. then u get a screen with 4 or 5 line of text, saying usb connected ready to transfer. people tell me my phone isnt bricked but i dont know. can anyone help? maybe im doing something wrong. this all started when my phone kept freezing up, so i tried to reinstall my launcher and thats when in went all downhill. a useless droid. thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take it you are rooted?

Maybe you should download a source rom (metickmod comes to mind) and rename update.zip. make sure you wipe data cache 3x. Check my guide in the rescue squad.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

alwayswireless

Reaction score
Metickmod? ok help the i feel like a newbie again. do u have a direct link to that mod? or is it in your gallery. im new to droid forums, dont know my way around again, thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
His stuff is in custom roms folder metickone

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
To me it sounds like you may have a corrupt file. It maybe quicker and in the long run easier to completely re-root your phone. If you follow the link in my signature the process is pretty easy.

Once you have a good SPRecovery on your droid, you should have no problem flashing any rom. I suspect that you have a corruption somewhere and thus SPR is not recognizing the update files.

I am also going to send this link to the rest of the RS to see if anyone else has any better suggestions.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By chance have you tried to re-download UD 1.0 (latest version) to your computer and then push it to your droid and install it. You may have a corruption in the ROM. If you do not want to re-root (and after rethinking this I am not sure you need to since you seem to be locked up at the UD bootanimation), I would try to re-download and re-install the ROM. Download it to your computer, rename it on your computer to update, then mount your droid and push the update file to your sd card (deleting the old one), then boot into recovery, wipe everything a couple of times, then go to install, click "allow update" then install update. See if that doesn't help.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay just in case someone else is reading this with similar issues, try to boot into recovery. If you can get into recovery then you have a corruption somewhere in your ROM and need to download a new version of your ROM and install it. If you cannot boot into recovery then I suspect you have a corruption in the recovery file and would suggest re-rooting just to be safe.

OP
A

alwayswireless

Reaction score
Fixed

HOLY MOLY YEE HAH, MY DROID HAS RISEN FROM THE PITS OF ELECTRONIC HELL. ALL THANKS TO YOU.:blackdroid:dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroidBUT WHY IT WOULD CAUSE ALL THAT FRUSTRATION OVER REINSTALLING THE LAUNCHER IS BEING ME!! THANKS AGAIN DLWHTROSE

OP
A

alwayswireless

Reaction score
Fixed

I AM NOW SUCCESSFULLY RUNNING UD 2.0dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am very glad we were able to fix your situation.

Just so that everyone knows what the fix was so that if anyone else is having the same issue..................

When renaming your ROM zip to 'update' so that you can install through SPRecovery make sure that you do not put the .zip on the name as well. The newer windows os' automatically put the .zip extension on zip files but it will not show on the file name. So when you name a file "update.zip" and push it to your droid, the droid sees "update.zip.zip" and will not open. So when renaming your ROM to load on your phone only name it "update". Do not put an extension on the name, the computer will do that for you.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This would be why I do renaming in astro on my phone. No mistakes.