Used to be rooted awhile back...unrooted...now want to go back...stuck

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mthorn79, Dec 13, 2010.

1. mthorn79

mthorn79 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Ok back when I originally rooted I ran into this problem but I can't remember how I fixed it. Granted I know all the typical things you should know about installing this (IE...update.zip is in root, etc.) I'm not a noob in this regard yet I'm getting stuck when I'm in recovery & installing the zip from the SDcard...I've flashed the SPRecovery & regular ESE80 then installing Update.zip but get the same message...

getting the "E:Can't open /cache/recover/command
    --Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Are you selecting the allow update.zip depreciated? Also, I am curious where you found ESE80 as that is a non existant build.
  3. mthorn79

mthorn79 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Well I dunno what it was I did to get it to work but I got it finally. I used ESE80 from Peter Alfonso's downloads section. I wanted to revert to complete stock with root as much as possible then install the updated version.
  4. mthorn79

mthorn79 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    ...scratch that comment about not knowing what I did...its a Monday...I downloaded the Super One Click fromt he XDA website. Complete timesaver & I basically sat back & did nothing. That should be on the tutorials list for everyone to root. So simple & painless, takes all troubleshooting out.
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I must try to humbly correct you again. The correct version you got from Peter Alfonso's site would be ESE81, not ESE80. The only reason I do this is because of the next members who come to read this post. There is already too much misinformation (only because of the simple details) at this site that confuses the n00bs.

And for this I'm glad it worked for you. It gives us another confirmation that the RATC attack method works. And it would be on the list of tuts, except Super One Click still has about a 50-50 ratio.

Thx and good luck