Used SBF on D2G now stuck in bootloop

Reaction score
So I successfully SBF'd my phone and when it rebooted its now stuck in a bootloop (keeps going in between the screen that says "Droid" and then the red droid eye looking screen) so I read i needed to boot into bootrecovery mode or whatever, and then wipe data/cache, and I cant seem to get into boot recovery mode, i can get into bootloader mode but all it says is - "Battery OK, OK to Program, Transfer Mode: USB" and if I have the USB cable unplugged it asks me to plug it in. So obviously this doesn't mean my phone is bricked right ? please tell me this is fixable, if I dont fix this, I'm screwed and I cant afford a new phone at all. HELP ! !!!!!

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
wait i think i got it, I held down the X button on the keyboard and both Volume buttons, and its now wiping data/factory reseting !

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
ok, i got passed the boot screen and now its programming my phone now, THANK GOD !!! I seriously have never been that scared due to a electronic device malfunctioning EVAR ! i need a cigarette !

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
OK....i logged into my gmail account and all that, it said my phone was synced with backup assistant, but my home screen is just black, there is now UI except the status bar. I still get my lock screen, after that, everything is just black except the status bar ! wtf is wrong !

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
nvm, reset the phone and my UI is back now, god damn, this makes me never wanna have to SBF ever again !

sid_wisc

Reaction score
hahahaha... that is definitely an interesting thread to read... It is like I have issues, wait, i got it... no, I have issues again and finally I got it... BackSeat you are a senior member and i have myself used advice from you on many occasions but seems like you had never did a SBF earlier... Well, it is good if all ends well.. so you are good now, next time you will not have any issues when you have to perform the SBF (in case it is needed) :) LOL

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
ive done an SBF once before, but never had issues and it was on my buddies OG Droid. I guess I've just been lucky so far in my phone modding career, cause this is the first time I've had anything go wrong, and it was one of those things where everytime I thought I had it under control something else would tweak out and so i was freakin because all I could think about is, i just got laid off, i cant afford a new phone, I'm soooo screwed if this goes south lol but I'm glad I could entertain you, Phone is working fine, and I'm switching it out today for a Droid X so I can play around with some more ROMs. oh and @ Sid, I normally keep my cool, but we all have our moments lol

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol that was fun to read. I was kinda like that the first time I had to sbf. It really isn't that scary after you've done it a time or 2.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2