1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"use wireless networks"

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by grunt, Dec 18, 2010.

1. grunt

grunt New Member

I have a Droid 2 and I noticed when I clicked "location & security", then clicked "use wireless network" that it was checked. Is this using more of my battery? And what is its main function, for maps?

Thanks for your responce in advance
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I used GPS for Maps, but it's a personal preference.
  3. googlelover

googlelover New Member

As far as I know, it uses a little more battery, but not much at all. Its purpose is for rough location for apps that need to know the area/town your in rather than apps that need to pinpoint your location. for example, the weather widget will autolocate you and show you weather for the area your in, or when you go to google in your mobile browser it should ask you at the bottom to find things around you.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Probably not in a significant manner. If you really want to determine if it is, enable it and monitor your battery life.

Anything that needs to know your location.
Search tags for this page
android use wireless networks battery
안드로이드 use wireless networks

use wireless networks android

wireless and networks droid 2