Use/Upload MP3 for Voicemail Greeting?

Darnell Poetry

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Is there any app or any work around that can enable you to use an mp3 as your voice-mail greeting?

Please don't respond with hold the phone up to your computer or plug it into something. They both sound pretty much like crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Darnell!
You can long press on the mp3 you'd like to use and it should be listed as one of the options in the list that comes up. You should be able to do this directly from your contact list as well if you go in to edit contacts. I haven't done this in awhile so I cant give you specific directions.
Keep in mind that doing this by either method will play the whole song, until the phone is answered or it goes to voicemail. There are dozens of free apps in the play store that will allow you to easily take an mp3 from your phone and edit it to your liking, and then install it as a ring tone. RingDroid was one of the more popular ones back in the day
Good luck!
(Fyi...I edited your comment for language. Please keep it clean.)

tap'n on my S5

OP
D

Darnell Poetry

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Welcome to the forum Darnell!
You can long press on the mp3 you'd like to use and it should be listed as one of the options in the list that comes up. You should be able to do this directly from your contact list as well if you go in to edit contacts. I haven't done this in awhile so I cant give you specific directions.
Keep in mind that doing this by either method will play the whole song, until the phone is answered or it goes to voicemail. There are dozens of free apps in the play store that will allow you to easily take an mp3 from your phone and edit it to your liking, and then install it as a ring tone. RingDroid was one of the more popular ones back in the day
Good luck!
(Fyi...I edited your comment for language. Please keep it clean.)

tap'n on my S5

I dont want it as a ringtone. I want to use it as my voicemail message.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Gotcha, sorry about that. Hang in there and someone should have a suggestion for you. I think Google Voice may allow that option but someone will have to verify that for sure.

tap'n on my S5

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you are talking about the message people hear when they cal you and get your voicemail...I believe that is a feature of your calling plan...not the actual phone. You can change phones over & over but people still hear the same voice mail for your number. With Verizon, there used to be a way to set a custom song as a voice mail greeting from their website...not sure if that feature is still there or not. I could be wrong about all of this & someone please correct me if I am...but I don't think you can set that from your phone. Has to be set by your phone provider.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I thought that was a visual voice mail feature. (AKA, Google Voice) You can also use Verizons visual voicemail, (log into your account online to activate) it can be done from your phone via "My Verizon", but from what I've heard over the years most prefer Google Voice over Vzw.

tap'n on my S5

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not sure what carrier you are on, but here is Verizon's FAQ about "Ringback Tones". That's what they call the music that people hear when they call your phone...a Ringback Tone. It's a feature you have to enable & then pay for (at least with Verizon...not sure about the other carriers). here is the link:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/GetItNow/faq_ringbacktones.html

Here is a link to the "How To Use" this feature portion:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how_to_use/verizon_tones.html#previewpurchase

Apparently you can set this up on their website, or the Verizon Tones app on your phone (if you use Verizon). I never knew what that app was for! Hope all this helps answer your question.

Reactions: cr6

raterbedes

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone
sorry about that. Hang in there and someone should have a suggestion for you. I think Google Voice may allow that option but someone will have to verify that for sure.
1pFqtfC

vjtk007

Reaction score
If anyone still needs help with this, I used this service and it worked better than anything else I could find okcvideoproduction(dot)com/upload-high-quality-voicemail-greeting