Use the ignore call slider to send to GV?

gatorbait

Reaction score
So I basically have full Google voice integration except for one thing. Using the ignore call slider button will send my calls to my carrier voicemail instead of my Google voicemail? Anyone know how to change this?

suzukimethod

Reaction score
Settings -> Call Settings -> Voicemail Settings

Change this to your google voice number.

That's my best guess (it's how i have it set up, and it works for me)

OP
G

gatorbait

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking to do, but Google voicemail is not listed under that setting for me. Do you know if there is something in your Google voice settings that I would need to enable to have that option show up on my phone?

Stigy

Reaction score
In my Google Voice account I setup voicemail on my number AND then changed my forwarded settings (via Google's instructions) on my phone.

Now my voicemail goes to my GV number and transcribes and everything.

**NOTE** Forwarded GV voicemails use airtime.

OP
G

gatorbait

Reaction score
In my Google Voice account I setup voicemail on my number AND then changed my forwarded settings (via Google's instructions) on my phone.

So if somebody calls you and you use the red slider button to ignore their call instead of answering it with the green slider button, does it send them to your Google voicemail? If I do that on mine it sends the to my Verizon voicemail. However, if I just let it ring, it will send them to my Google voicemail.

Stigy

Reaction score

So if somebody calls you and you use the red slider button to ignore their call instead of answering it with the green slider button, does it send them to your Google voicemail? If I do that on mine it sends the to my Verizon voicemail. However, if I just let it ring, it will send them to my Google voicemail.
Yes both go to my Google Voicemail.

OP
G

gatorbait

Reaction score

Yes both go to my Google Voicemail.

I just wanted to say thanks, Stigy. I went into my Google Voice settings and made these changes. Now it works exactly how I wanted it to.