Use SIM 1 or Use SIM 2?

Agunat

Reaction score
Verizon, Note 3.

Not all the time but sometimes when attempting to make a phone call the phone will ask me if I want to use SIM 1 or use SIM 2. This just started recently. Deos anyone know why this is happening or what to do about it?

Thanks... Bob

OP
A

Agunat

Reaction score
Have you downloaded any new calling apps?

Note 4tified

I'm sure you'll love this answer: Maybe. Well, probably. Might there be any other possibilities? I'm nervous to start deleting apps but I'll do it if I have to.

Bob

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Well as far as I know the Note 3 on Verizon didn't support dual sim that's why I'm leaning towards a calling app that utilizes the feature but just doesn't "check" compatability before "asking" un needed questions.

Is this a certified verizon device?

Note 4tified

OP
A

Agunat

Reaction score
Yes, the phone is legit Verizon. And no, it does not have a 2nd sim but that doesn't stop this app (whatever it is) from asking. The phone is about 2 years old and it just started doing this. It did it again today and I noticed there is a check box (which is checked) for the phone to remember my choice. It does not though. I went through my apps and found a phone app that I have not been using and uninstalled it. The app was not recently downloaded and the phone asked me to make the choice after the app was deleted. When a pop-up like that occurs there is no way to tell which app is generating it is there?

Thanks... Bob

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Boot into Safe Mode and see if it asks you the same way. If it doesn't then you can be sure it's a user installed app.

OP
A

Agunat

Reaction score
First of all, what is safe mode and how do I get in it? What functionality will I lose while in it? The phone doesn't do it all the time. I might have to leave it in safe mode for a couple of days. Assuming it is an app, how do we find out which one? If it is not an app then what?

Bob