Use mp3 as ringtone

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I created an mp3 and have it in my downloads folder. I cannot find any way to set it as my ringtone, there doesn't seem to be any way to browse for ringtone files.

I have oi file manager that's how I can see the file in my downloads folder.

Thanks for any help.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Put it in a 'ringtones' folder, restart phone, it will be found and available to select for a ringtone.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Oops actually it's a .wav file. OI file manager won't let me paste it into the Ringtones folder; is that because it's a .wav file?

NWKENT

Reaction score
Oops actually it's a .wav file. OI file manager won't let me paste it into the Ringtones folder; is that because it's a .wav file?

Your Ringtone should be a MP3 format and should be here >> storage\media\audio\ringtones

Then reboot the device..and a new scan will take place..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

Please donate to: jcase & Hashcode (if you can)

Last edited:
OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Got it. Just installed a media converter app and that took care of it. Thanks

doogald

Reaction score
Your Ringtone should be a MP3 format and should be here >> storage\media\audio\ringtones

/media/audio/ringtones is fine (Unix storage uses forward slashes rather than windows-style backslashes), but they can be in a folder called "ringtones" anywhere in storage. Also, they can be in ogg vorbis, AAC or MP3 formats (I have at least one of each of those formats.) I have a WAV file that seems to work, too. I also think FLAC is supported.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
/media/audio/ringtones is fine (Unix storage uses forward slashes rather than windows-style backslashes), but they can be in a folder called "ringtones" anywhere in storage. Also, they can be in ogg vorbis, AAC or MP3 formats (I have at least one of each of those formats.) I have a WAV file that seems to work, too. I also think FLAC is supported.

Now, if only there was just some way so that it wouldn't see a file twice... Ah well.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.